The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Agreed. McKenna has started the season well for both the Dons and Scotland. If he can maintain and build on that his value will be much higher next summer.

Thought he was terrible v Rangers and often dragged out of position, a bit better since then but again been found wanting at international level.

19 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Thought he was terrible v Rangers and often dragged out of position, a bit better since then but again been found wanting at international level.

The entire team were way off the pace against the ****. Hardly a good yardstick.

The point about the international games is frankly nonsense. He didn't put a foot wrong over the two games, and was our best defender in both.

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

Not to mention he man-marked a Bundesliga striker right out the game against Israel.

And rugby tackled a Czech striker to the ground. I thought he was decent in both games, he just looks a bit clumsy and old fashioned and folk judge him for it.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, GTG_03 said:

And rugby tackled a Czech striker to the ground. I thought he was decent in both games, he just looks a bit clumsy and old fashioned and folk judge him for it.

A bit harsh. 

I actually thought he was the least bad in a chaotic clown shoes defence. Fingers should be maybe pointed at a Man United player who I'm sure is on at least 50 grand a week,  and the greatest full back in the world, rather than Scot McKenna. 

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

A bit harsh. 

I actually thought he was the least bad in a chaotic clown shoes defence. Fingers should be maybe pointed at a Man United player who I'm sure is on at least 50 grand a week,  and the greatest full back in the world, rather than Scot McKenna. 

He played absolutely fine and was the second best centre-back in both games. It doesn't matter how much Scott McTominay gets paid at Man Utd, he's still not a centre-back and thus it's hardly his fault if he's a bit shit at that position. McKenna is actually a centre-back and therefore is obviously going to be judged more harshly.

The entire team were way off the pace against the ****. Hardly a good yardstick.
The point about the international games is frankly nonsense. He didn't put a foot wrong over the two games, and was our best defender in both.

A half fit Morelos was pulling him all over the place in the opening match of the season - the Rangers goal being a direct result of this.

To say he didn’t put a foot wrong in the international matches is disingenuous as well although the entire team shape seemed to be causing problems not just McKenna who was affected. Not convinced he is good enough for international football but the previous and current Scotland managers seem to disagree with me and I do bow to their superior knowledge!

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

A bit harsh. 

I wasn't having a go at him, I thought he played fine in what was a disjointed team unfamiliar with the formation. Mctominay was awful but he at least has the excuse of being out of position.

45 minutes ago, starryfish said:

A half fit Morelos was pulling him all over the place in the opening match of the season - the Rangers goal being a direct result of this.

To say he didn’t put a foot wrong in the international matches is disingenuous as well although the entire team shape seemed to be causing problems not just McKenna who was affected. Not convinced he is good enough for international football but the previous and current Scotland managers seem to disagree with me and I do bow to their superior knowledge!

Morelos hardly pulled him all over the place, he was marking Morelos for the goal but it was Taylor's fault not tracking Kent. 

55 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

I wasn't having a go at him, I thought he played fine in what was a disjointed team unfamiliar with the formation. Mctominay was awful but he at least has the excuse of being out of position.

Morelos hardly pulled him all over the place, he was marking Morelos for the goal but it was Taylor's fault not tracking Kent. 

McKenna looked cumbersome at the goal. If that move happened by Aberdeen against sevco, they would have fouled at the halfway line to stop the attack. He wasn’t near Morellos when he needed to be able to at least foul.

2 hours ago, starryfish said:

I think he was just in right place at the right time and suddenly he was 4-5 caps along and its kind of 'f**k it he's in the team now'.

Mr and Mrs RussellAnderson Snr have verified their Top Red© status by securing two tickets for the big fixture. If none of the P+B loyal manage to get along, I will provide a comprehensive second hand review. Full disclosure - my ma will just be raging at the tory linesman (if he is there) and my da will just be focusing on not calling Considine a fuckin donkey. 

4 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Mr and Mrs RussellAnderson Snr have verified their Top Red© status by securing two tickets for the big fixture. If none of the P+B loyal manage to get along, I will provide a comprehensive second hand review. Full disclosure - my ma will just be raging at the tory linesman (if he is there) and my da will just be focusing on not calling Considine a fuckin donkey. 

tenor.gif?itemid=13861139