The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

What have yous done to Scott McKenna?  He's pish these days.  Turned down 6.5 from Aston Villa now couldn't get 2.5 from Preston or some shite like that.  Do yous ruin everything?  More oil money than Abu Dhabi and couldnae even make a nice city either, just a bunch of weirdos going round financed off their tits on big Audis.  Shite.

Not sure where you are coming from, McKenna was fine today.

Very angry post though.

6 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

What have yous done to Scott McKenna?  He's pish these days.  Turned down 6.5 from Aston Villa now couldn't get 2.5 from Preston or some shite like that.  Do yous ruin everything?  More oil money than Abu Dhabi and couldnae even make a nice city either, just a bunch of weirdos going round financed off their tits on big Audis.  Shite.

“Yous” is not actually a word. The plural of “you” is “you”.

8 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

More oil money than Abu Dhabi and couldnae even make a nice city either

Damn - I knew it. 

We all thought the vast majority of oil revenue went to the UK Treasury, and instead Aberdeen City Council had it all along - and thus could have spruced up Union Street a bit better, and maybe paid for the odd audit of city centre bars' Covid regulation enforcement.

Hope yous are all fine down there in Angus?

Cheers

The Ewes

Edited by tarapoa

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Latest Twitter bam opinion "Considine is a future Don's manager" based on a 90 minute commentary appearance.

Haha! I had exactly that thought when he was talking about wanting us to go on and score more goals.  I did realise pretty quickly that that was thin evidence. 

8 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Haha! I had exactly that thought when he was talking about wanting us to go on and score more goals.  I did realise pretty quickly that that was thin evidence. 

I absolutely loved his commentary and insight but it's a lot easier to say what's wrong when it's not your responsibility!

Hoping he gets another suspension though.

On 22/08/2020 at 21:21, Paperdon said:

So is McLevein going to play 3-7-0 tomorrow?

On 23/08/2020 at 15:43, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Absolute tin-pot lego shite done on the cheap and made of plastic.  Embarrassing.

I really don’t know which of these posts is the worst so I’ll go for both.

I’m thinking that the SFA are going to have to show the Scottish Government that they are taking the Covid procedures seriously and make an example of the Aberdeen 8. I imagine that the players may well get an eight match ban with four of them suspended for a year. Given the more serious potential health problems that Bolingoli could have caused, I expect him to get the full eight matches. It would be a joke if either Aberdeen or Celtic, as clubs, were punished by the SPFL.

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m thinking that the SFA are going to have to show the Scottish Government that they are taking the Covid procedures seriously and make an example of the Aberdeen 8. I imagine that the players may well get an eight match ban with four of them suspended for a year. Given the more serious potential health problems that Bolingoli could have caused, I expect him to get the full eight matches. It would be a joke if either Aberdeen or Celtic, as clubs, were punished by the SPFL.

8 players x 4 games would be incredibly harsh and I think we'd need to appeal that.

I predict 2 game ban (4 games with 2 suspended)

13 minutes ago, d31 said:

8 players x 4 games would be incredibly harsh and I think we'd need to appeal that.

I predict 2 game ban (4 games with 2 suspended)

The thing is that the SFA will have to consider the players individually, and the fact that they all play for the same club will not, and should not, come into it. 

46 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The thing is that the SFA will have to consider the players individually, and the fact that they all play for the same club will not, and should not, come into it. 

and they also have to keep in mind the players broke no rules and this is a retrospective action.

22 minutes ago, d31 said:

and they also have to keep in mind the players broke no rules and this is a retrospective action.

I hope that you’re right, but with the Government to impress I very much doubt it. These are not normal times.

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I hope that you’re right, but with the Government to impress I very much doubt it. These are not normal times.

Press release to say "14 day ban" in big letters. Disciplinary report published after papers have gone to press to include "from date of breach". 

Please