The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

McGeouch needs to show he can last a run of games. I thoguht OJo was decent when he returned from injury last season. Would happily play Campbell. I'm biased though.

I'd like Campbell to get a run of games, and I was mostly impressed by him when he did get opportunities last season, but I just think McGeouch, if he can stay fit and get a run together, is the one from those three that we know has the ability to be a top player at this level. I suppose one concern about that potential midfield might be the lack of a goalscoring midfielder amongst them, although I suppose that's what Bryson was supposed to be. 

13 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Wild text message going round at the moment.

Allegedly:

All 8 players fined 4 weeks wages.

Bryson and Devlin have had contracts terminated. Will be announced today.

McCrorie signed as their replacement. McInnes and Aberdeen only spoke to the player and the **** yesterday. Hibs furious as they had agreed terms and fee with the ****. Just needed to be signed.

Cosgrove and McKenna have both handed in transfer requests due to the fines. Both to be sold to clubs in England asap.

Logan, Hedges and McGeouch to leave.

Don't think I believe half of that to be honest.

Yeah, I especially don’t think we’d be immediately looking at moving in Logan, Hedges and McGeouch (nevermind Cosgrove/McKenna) if we’ve just sacked/terminated the contract of two senior players (delete as appropriate).

I’d also be very disappointed if Shay left. For sure I don’t expect, or particularly hope, he will be first choice this season, but he is a very able deputy, Hernandez is still unproven at this level, and with his new plumbing business on the go it seems he is setting up in the city.

Plus he’s been at the club for years and fucking loves the Dons.

2 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

I’m sure some of that is true (the McCrorie stuff) but Lewis was interviewed over the weekend and suggested that a line had been drawn/it was all about the football from now on.

He might have been being diplomatic right enough.

I've no doubt the c***s are unhappy at losing a months wage but they deserve it.

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I'd like Campbell to get a run of games, and I was mostly impressed by him when he did get opportunities last season, but I just think McGeouch, if he can stay fit and get a run together, is the one from those three that we know has the ability to be a top player at this level. I suppose one concern about that potential midfield might be the lack of a goalscoring midfielder amongst them, although I suppose that's what Bryson was supposed to be. 

Yeah, agreed. McGeouch has been there and done it. His body is made of paper mache though.

Ferguson has it in him to be a goal scoring midfielder. Not when he's playing 5 yards in front of the defence though.

This is the irony of the whole thing. 
On paper, we have midfielders that pretty much any team in Scotland outside Celtic and maybe Rangers would welcome. Ferguson, McGeouch, Ojo, Bryson, Campbell. Chuck in Hayes and McGinn on the wings and that's a cracking mixture of experience and great potential. 
We just can't get the balance right though. 

Don’t disagree but I don’t think we’ve got anyone of McLean’s quality in there - anyone one of those midfielders would thrive next to him, but as it is we’ve been trying to find the right blend while being hamstrung by injuries and inconsistency.

Not really sure with the way things are at the moment that the fans have the patience for us to try and nail down the right balance.

26 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

Yeah, I especially don’t think we’d be immediately looking at moving in Logan, Hedges and McGeouch (nevermind Cosgrove/McKenna) if we’ve just sacked/terminated the contract of two senior players (delete as appropriate).

I’d also be very disappointed if Shay left. For sure I don’t expect, or particularly hope, he will be first choice this season, but he is a very able deputy, Hernandez is still unproven at this level, and with his new plumbing business on the go it seems he is setting up in the city.

Plus he’s been at the club for years and fucking loves the Dons.

Yip. As I said I don't believe half of it. No idea why players would hand in a request when everyone knows they're available for sale either.

20 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

We discussed about in few weeks ago. Let McKenna & Taylor have the ball. 

The inevitable happens. Punt. 

Random and Ali. Not the enlightened such as yourself 😉

57 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Chris Harvey now deleted this tweet interestingly. 

Seen a few suggest he may have deleted it as it could have indicated they were the two who contracted COVID. Not sure on the ins and outs of the return to work guidance so can’t comment on how reliable this is.

Though, if this was the case, I don’t know if he would be bound by any type of rules regarding patient confidentiality, bar wanting to stay on good terms with the club etc.

2 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

Seen a few suggest he may have deleted it as it could have indicated they were the two who contracted COVID. Not sure on the ins and outs of the return to work guidance so can’t comment on how reliable this is.

Though, if this was the case, I don’t know if he would be bound by any type of rules regarding patient confidentiality, bar wanting to stay on good terms with the club etc.

Or they were there collecting their belongings!

St. Johnstone fans get irate when you suggest they use this tactic. They take it as some sort of insult when it's intended as a compliment.
Got to agree with you. Never until why some of our fans get so pissed off with it, our success over the last decade came from stopping the opposition playing and then getting forward quickly. I'm proud of it tbh. Loved hearing the Jackie Mac's of this world greeting about Saints tactics and how it's "easier to destroy than create".

19 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

I thought that too but the Sun is reporting 6 of the 8 were back training again today. He might not have known that at the time though.

11 minutes ago, The Marly said:
2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:
St. Johnstone fans get irate when you suggest they use this tactic. They take it as some sort of insult when it's intended as a compliment.

Got to agree with you. Never until why some of our fans get so pissed off with it, our success over the last decade came from stopping the opposition playing and then getting forward quickly. I'm proud of it tbh. Loved hearing the Jackie Mac's of this world greeting about Saints tactics and how it's "easier to destroy than create".

Saints fans get a wee bit foamy at the mouth when we stand off teams too. 

"Close him down then!!!!" Even though he's standing 90 yards from goal and will be easy for them to just pass it round you. 

That's football fans in general I guess. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

10 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Whatever happens, I’m just happy we’ve beaten Hibs to another one of their targets 

The Leith minks need an annual reminder of their place IMHO 

They would have been desperate to sign him as well. Motherwells midfield dominated them at the weekend.