The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

For anyone who's not seen it...

I quite agree with the sentiments here. I think everyone is entitled to have a say on the incident and most people have. You call them idiotic/irresponsible/stupid but then I think some line needs to be drawn.

Football in this country is always intense and I think it would be very easy for any player to become overwhelmed with the constant abuse and may find themselves in a dark place.

They’ve accepted they will be punished and I would imagine all of them (including Bolingoli) will really regret their actions.

My only exception to Dave Cormack’s statement is the suggestion that 18-20 thousand people regularly pile into Pittodrie 😜

14 hours ago, kingjoey said:

To my mind, that is a great statement from Dave Cormack. Is he referring to Kris Boyd?

I think it was Bill Leckie as I think Boyd hasn't suffered from Depression while Bill Leckie has admitted to suffering from that. Here is the Monday article from Bill Leckie: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5908937/aberdeen-covid-eight-sacked-apology-joke-leckie/

I'm maybe in the minority here but I wasn't that impressed with Dave Cormark video statement, feel very uneasy with it although think a lot of the support will love it. I thought it was a very good statement that they released earlier and wished they left it at that. 

I'm maybe in the minority here but I wasn't that impressed with Dave Cormark video statement, feel very uneasy with it although think a lot of the support will love it. I thought it was a very good statement that they released earlier and wished they left it at that. 

Agree 100% - the earlier one was good and made the point that needed making, and was quite sufficient.

A video about how we’re going to plug the holes in the striker department and cope with forthcoming mass suspensions will be welcome.

14 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Agree 100% - the earlier one was good and made the point that needed making, and was quite sufficient.

A video about how we’re going to plug the holes in the striker department and cope with forthcoming mass suspensions will be welcome.

How we’re going to plug the holes in the striker department and cope with the mass suspensions is Derek McInnes’ job, not Dave Cormack’s. We obviously can’t sign anyone else. 

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

I think it was Bill Leckie as I think Boyd hasn't suffered from Depression while Bill Leckie has admitted to suffering from that. Here is the Monday article from Bill Leckie: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5908937/aberdeen-covid-eight-sacked-apology-joke-leckie/

I think that his support of the players, and his explanation of his support, is commendable and in no way makes me uneasy.

3 hours ago, betting competition said:

That's a fucking honking article from Leckie. Especially to then go on to praise Motherwells social responsibility in light of Covid and ignore the work Aberdeen have done.

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I think that his support of the players, and his explanation of his support, is commendable and in no way makes me uneasy.

Good stuff. Supporting high profile footballers who have been totally socially irresponsible and contributed greatly to a whole city in lockdown. 

Given the S*n's horrendous and wholly insincere apology this week following their ghastly Death Express extravaganza, it is irony way up the Biblical Scale for this inept c**t to be calling out anyone else's apology although the AFC apologies were really only missing "we'll win the cup to make it up to you" crap from the standard club apology that pollutes the local press on a regular basis.

7 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

Get. This. To. f**k.

Not that we should be signing any players on loan from them anyway, but especially not when the player in question is no better than Dylan McGeough.

We’re also not exactly lacking in the CM department as it is...

Another CM would make no sense.

Struggling to see how anyone can be uneasy with Dave offering some protection to players publicly on a human level.

The club has owned this from day 1 and will take the retribution coming our way, that doesn't mean he or the players should have to accept every angry wee ned on social media putting the boot in forever more.