The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, woof! said:

Only applies to non-risk assessed premises i.e. doesn’t apply to pubs.  How could it? 

The meetings apply specifically to groups of people meeting up with each other at the pub. For example, if I go to the pub with five friends from different households, then we are all breaching the government guidance, even though there are lots of other people also in the same pub. If I go with one or two friends from different households it is fine.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The meetings apply specifically to groups of people meeting up with each other at the pub. For example, if I go to the pub with five friends from different households, then we are all breaching the government guidance, even though there are lots of other people also in the same pub. If I go with one or two friends from different households it is fine.

Even at different tables? That seems ill thought out and indeed completely mental. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I can only remember one season that's started this badly

We will likely be bottom of the league and playing catch-up.

However, they may have done us a favour as dropping points vs Accies due to six missing players on top of current injuries and suspension wouldn't have been too clever.

Saturday was likely a write-off anyway, but a congested fixture list likely hurts them more than us.

If Basel lose tonight or in the SF - then 3rd place is potentially huge this season, straight into the Europa groups next season (depending who wins the Scottish Cup). 

This is not the time to slip into lower-mid table mediocrity.

Edited by tarapoa

18 hours ago, DrewDon said:

McKenna is in the strange position of actually being underrated because seemingly every Scottish football fan with a Twitter account says that he is overrated. 

He's baws

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

However, they may have done us a favour as dropping points vs Accies due to six missing players on top of current injuries and suspension wouldn't have been too clever.

Saturday was likely a write-off anyway, but a congested fixture list likely hurts them more than us.

If Basel lose tonight or in the SF - then 3rd place is potentially huge this season, straight into the Europa groups next season (depending who wins the Scottish Cup). 

This x 100

We need to be on it this season

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Debated on the Europe Forum... not quite Group Stages Europa?

5 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Straight into the Europa groups? 
Is this true?

9 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Not according to this guy.

This is correct based purely on the access list. However it doesn't take into account that there is a space reserved in the Europa League group stage for the winners of the Conference League which isn't being played this season, so that space is guaranteed to be empty for next season. 

The most likely solution based on how UEFA usually fills this kind of gap appears to be pushing the 7th placed country's Europa League representative up from the play off into the group stage. This then requires moving the representatives of countries 13 and 14 (Scotland) from QR3 to the play off round to balance things out and get the correct number of ties in each round. Starting in the play off round would guarantee group stage football, either in the Europa League if you win or by dropping into the Conference League groups if you lose.

Its not guaranteed that that's what UEFA will do but it seems to be the consensus on what is the most likely outcome. Even if not and cup winners/3rd place only puts you in QR3 its still absolutely crucial to get that slot. Starting there means that you only need to win one tie to guarantee group stage football and get two bites at the cherry if you need it. If you win in QR3 you get to the Europa League play off round and are guaranteed a group stage, if you lose QR3 you drop into the play off for the Conference League instead, win that and you are in the group stage.

I won't say anything about anyone other than The big red lump of wid.
Decent in our league. Valuation of trillions certainly doesn't help him. Fair play to Aberdeen. They should have accepted the millions they were once offered, although I suspect that had a touch of the "mystery Chinese team" stuff we've seen before about it.

8 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I won't say anything about anyone other than The big red lump of wid.
Decent in our league. Valuation of trillions certainly doesn't help him. Fair play to Aberdeen. They should have accepted the millions they were once offered, although I suspect that had a touch of the "mystery Chinese team" stuff we've seen before about it.

Except Steve Bruce has mentioned in interviews bidding for him when at Villa.