The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

What is your guys overall opinion on Scott McKenna?

He obviously gets talked up big time in the press and pushing for a good move down south but he always just strikes me as a slightly more mobile Grant Hanley and not much more.

That'll be the bidding starting at £8M then given what Hanley's gone for?

7 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

That'll be the bidding starting at £8M then given what Hanley's gone for?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/grant-hanley/transfers/spieler/121385

Obviously not the most official source, but last fee for Hanley was £6m.

Given that he had Premier League experience and had captained a team in the Championship down there by that point I'd say Hanley's market value would have been higher at the time than McKenna's now. But then again, its England, and they constantly spunk £10s of millions on utter dross so who knows what McKenna's eventual fee will end up being.

McKenna is cumbersome, and average on the ball for a centre half. That’s why he hasn’t moved yet/ Aberdeen had the offer they want.

A lot of talk about the Rangers goal in the last few posts. Mcinness blames Kennedy for not showing Tavernier down the line but it was a disguised pass at pace so that’s pish, and a few on here blame Taylor. I felt it was Mckennas fault. When the pass came to the halfway line he’s not on his man and let’s him turn and play a simple pass through. If that was Rangers defence, they would have been tight and at least fouled the attacker to stop the easy pass, 100per cent guaranteed. 

8 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

What is your guys overall opinion on Scott McKenna?

He obviously gets talked up big time in the press and pushing for a good move down south but he always just strikes me as a slightly more mobile Grant Hanley and not much more.

So is the hype justified, or is he a fairly average player that gets the big build cause of that one worldie from 40 yards he scored a few years back?

He's very good. Could play for any team in the country. Suffers a bit from how we play.

I've always felt the negativity from opposition fans is the tribal jealousy that comes with football. You downplay the player for the other team that everyone raves about. I've done the same in the past.

On 08/08/2020 at 23:46, craigkillie said:

I did do a PhD in mapping disease risk in Scotland and have spoken at epidemiology conferences, so yes I probably could describe myself as an epidemiologist. Apology accepted.

On the topic at hand, hundreds of people moved around between restaurants and bars in Aberdeen last weekend, something they, like all 8 players, were legally allowed to. Given that they clearly weren't the "patient zero" for Aberdeen, having all tested negative literally days earlier, why do you think that the footballers are the ones responsible for others catching the disease?

The Aberdeen players were apparently guilty of breaking the governments rules pertaining to footballers. As far as I can see they didn’t break any rules for the general public. Given that they had been tested by their club prior to the game and presumably hadn’t trained since, I very much doubt if they spread the virus and actually were far more likely to have picked it up from the public post-game. If they’ve broken rules for players, fair enough, throw the book at them. It is questionable whether pubs or restaurants should be open in the first place, though. I’m sure there were plenty of non-footballers staggering about pished on the evening in question who didn’t get at test a few days later. 

All that said,  players should be straight home after beaten by their biggest rivals. 

5 minutes ago, woof! said:

The Aberdeen players were apparently guilty of breaking the governments rules pertaining to footballers. As far as I can see they didn’t break any rules for the general public. Given that they had been tested by their club prior to the game and presumably hadn’t trained since, I very much doubt if they spread the virus and actually were far more likely to have picked it up from the public post-game. If they’ve broken rules for players, fair enough, throw the book at them. It is questionable whether pubs or restaurants should be open in the first place, though. I’m sure there were plenty of non-footballers staggering about pished on the evening in question who didn’t get at test a few days later. 

All that said,  players should be straight home after beaten by their biggest rivals. 

They broke the 4 household rule, which applies to everyone.

19 minutes ago, woof! said:

Another one who doesn't understand what it's all about

6 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

It wasn't.

Actually restaurants and pubs have a 1 metre distancing exemption if properly risk assessed. Is there a rule saying only 3 households per pub? I don’t live in Scotland, so not asking for a friend.

Edited by woof!

1 minute ago, woof! said:

Actually restaurants and pubds have a 1 metre distancing exemption if properly risk assessed. Is there a rule saying only 3 households per pub?

Literally 10 seconds on google

You should not meet people from more than 4 other households in total each day (whether indoors and/or outdoors). 

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-phase-3-staying-safe-and-protecting-others/pages/seeing-friends-and-family/

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Literally 10 seconds on google

You should not meet people from more than 4 other households in total each day (whether indoors and/or outdoors). 

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-phase-3-staying-safe-and-protecting-others/pages/seeing-friends-and-family/

Only applies to non-risk assessed premises i.e. doesn’t apply to pubs.  How could it? 

Edited by woof!

1 hour ago, woof! said:

Actually restaurants and pubs have a 1 metre distancing exemption if properly risk assessed. Is there a rule saying only 3 households per pub? I don’t live in Scotland, so not asking for a friend.

The players weren't even distanced a metre apart.