The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

10 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I did do a PhD in mapping disease risk in Scotland and have spoken at epidemiology conferences, so yes I probably could describe myself as an epidemiologist. Apology accepted.

On the topic at hand, hundreds of people moved around between restaurants and bars in Aberdeen last weekend, something they, like all 8 players, were legally allowed to. Given that they clearly weren't the "patient zero" for Aberdeen, having all tested negative literally days earlier, why do you think that the footballers are the ones responsible for others catching the disease?

Because others see them and think it’s alright, ken. Even heard folk outside a pub, very close to Aberdeen last night saying “if they can do it so can we” they were outside and distanced.

You are correct about the folk moving about but they weren’t all standing on each other’s toes waiting to get in to an establishment.

Because others see them and think it’s alright, ken. Even heard folk outside a pub, very close to Aberdeen last night saying “if they can do it so can we” they were outside and distanced.
You are correct about the folk moving about but they weren’t all standing on each other’s toes waiting to get in to an establishment.
Punishing and shaming footballers disproportionately harshly "because other people might try and copy them" isn't really how justice normally works, though. Outside the Court of Social Media Drama Queens, that is.

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I did do a PhD in mapping disease risk in Scotland and have spoken at epidemiology conferences, so yes I probably could describe myself as an epidemiologist. Apology accepted.

On the topic at hand, hundreds of people moved around between restaurants and bars in Aberdeen last weekend, something they, like all 8 players, were legally allowed to. Given that they clearly weren't the "patient zero" for Aberdeen, having all tested negative literally days earlier, why do you think that the footballers are the ones responsible for others catching the disease?

Qualified epidemiologist I believe you have to be, teeth,basic manners & an ability to not be a sneering, condescending arsehole are optional from what I have read.

13 hours ago, Wilbur said:

How can you know this ? They could have picked it up somewhere else (possibly in the restaurant) and they may even have brought it to the pub. Are you an epidemiologist ? Major apologies from me if you have the facts at your fingertips.

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Ooft, I dont know if I want this to be true or not. An absolute telt if it is. Part of me wants it to be a Pep/Supras type fantasy.

Reminds me of that scrubs episode where Carla thinks her genetics aren’t being recognised in her baby when arguing with her husband so she asks a random to guess her baby’s ethnic origins and he just happens to be the hospital’s geneticist* and gets the baby’s heritage spot on.

*or something like that.

Edited by gannonball

11 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Ooft, I dont know if I want this to be true or not. An absolute telt if it is. Part of me wants it to be a Pep/Supras type fantasy.

Reminds me of that scrubs episode where Carla thinks her genetics aren’t being recognised in her baby when arguing with her husband so she asks a random to guess her baby’s ethnic origins and he just happens to be the hospital’s geneticist* and gets the baby’s heritage spot on.

*or something like that.

Wid, Carla obv.

16 hours ago, superbigal said:

My understanding is they are not even allowed to go to Tescos themselves under the agreed regulations Everything done on a plate. But no we are fick as shit.

What 'regulations'? 

Where did you get this information? 

What 'regulations'? 
Where did you get this information? 

It's possible these types of rules were in place when they returned to training back in mid-June, when there were much greater restrictions on all of Scotland.

It certainly doesn't appear to be the case any more though.

48 minutes ago, resk said:
1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Punishing and shaming footballers disproportionately harshly "because other people might try and copy them" isn't really how justice normally works, though. Outside the Court of Social Media Drama Queens, that is.

It’s about how life works. Do you really not know what this is all about? Lives!

14 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It's possible these types of rules were in place when they returned to training back in mid-June, when there were much greater restrictions on all of Scotland.

It certainly doesn't appear to be the case any more though.

Further to this, Alex Dyer had a press conference the other day (which I've only just seen) where he said he had told our players they could go out for a meal with their partners, but not to pubs and not with their teammates.

Time to move on from this pish.

Players have fucked up, they and the club have taken a national kicking. Cormack, Mcinnes, and the players have now apologised (albeit the players one was pretty dreadful). Two games coming up with severely depleted squad. Still a potential punishment to come.

I was angry at them too but the moral indignation from all and sundry has become a bit nauseating.