The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Just now, coprolite said:

From the reason given for the postponement i think they're tbc. 

The fermers game was postponed so we could demonstrate adherence to protocols and not because of unavailable players so they aren't necessarily postponed. 

Aye, they’re going ahead as planned for now

The scenes on Twitter will be a sight to behold if we don’t put a few past Accies 

The players have clearly been morons but needless to say they won't have been the only ones out last weekend. I won't be sharpening my pitchfork.
Even if the rules aren't clear on what players are and aren't allowed to do outwith their working hours you'd imagine most have been told yesterday/today they're not to be seen out in any pubs in town. 
I'm pretty sure that anyone who drives for a living knows the consequences of failing a breathalyser test (for example). Professional footballers are adults, yet some people constantly try to excuse some pretty deplorable behaviour from them. I'm not just talking about this one incident here, I'm talking about a history of poor behaviour from footballers. Every action has a consequence - millions of people in all walks of life who earn a lot less than these twats have to be mindful of this when away from work .

I'm pretty sure that anyone who drives for a living knows the consequences of failing a breathalyser test (for example). Professional footballers are adults, yet some people constantly try to excuse some pretty deplorable behaviour from them. I'm not just talking about this one incident here, I'm talking about a history of poor behaviour from footballers. Every action has a consequence - millions of people in all walks of life who earn a lot less than these twats have to be mindful of this when away from work .

This is a bad analogy though. Drink driving is illegal no matter who you are, going to a pub isn't.

This is a bad analogy though. Drink driving is illegal no matter who you are, going to a pub isn't.
It's not about being legal or illegal. It's about the consequences for you, your colleagues, your employer, your fans or passengers. As I said, some people are determined to excuse shit behaviour from these people. They have let every single Aberdeen fan down. I'll let the Dons fans decide if I'm wrong with that statement.

Any idea when the saints game will get moved to?  It might end up far enough off that when it comes around fans will be allowed in the stadium (2025)...and they get a nice wee earner for a game where initially they would have made a loss.

Any idea when the saints game will get moved to?  It might end up far enough off that when it comes around fans will be allowed in the stadium (2025)...and they get a nice wee earner for a game where initially they would have made a loss.

It's already been rescheduled to the 20th.

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

How many times? Seriously?

It's nothing to do with being 'punished' for going to the pub. The guidelines - for everyone mind, not just footballers - is to maintain social distancing. That means 2 meters. 

It would seem that these players have broken those guidelines and as a result risked infecting themselves and others. In this case, that is what happened, and as a result of that the game has been cancelled creating problems, inconvenience general drama. 

Actions have consequences. It's looking likely that in this case there will be direct consequences for the individuals. I would also suggest that the football authorities may also have a case to sanction the club in some way, although that could get batted around. 

Please top with the misrepresentation that his is about chastising folk for just for going out for a pint or two. 

17 minutes ago, The Marly said:
3 hours ago, Louis Litt said:
The players have clearly been morons but needless to say they won't have been the only ones out last weekend. I won't be sharpening my pitchfork.
Even if the rules aren't clear on what players are and aren't allowed to do outwith their working hours you'd imagine most have been told yesterday/today they're not to be seen out in any pubs in town. 

This is the very reason for behaviour clauses in contracts. I've no idea about a player's contract with a club, but I do have experience on the sponsorship side and any personal sponsorship has a clause which basically says if we sponsor you, you are the public face of the product/brand and hell mend ye if you do anything that could harm our image and that's not restricted to working hours. I would be amazed if there wasn't something similar in their club contracts, but as I say, not my area.

How many times? Seriously?
It's nothing to do with being 'punished' for going to the pub. The guidelines - for everyone mind, not just footballers - is to maintain social distancing. That means 2 meters. 
It would seem that these players have broken those guidelines and as a result risked infecting themselves and others. In this case, that is what happened, and as a result of that the game has been cancelled creating problems, inconvenience general drama. 
Actions have consequences. It's looking likely that in this case there will be direct consequences for the individuals. I would also suggest that the football authorities may also have a case to sanction the club in some way, although that could get batted around. 
Please top with the misrepresentation that his is about chastising folk for just for going out for a pint or two. 

Nobody has a clue what rules have been broken by the players because nobody has a clue: a) what they actually did on Saturday and b) what the rules actually are.

We know they've done something wrong, we just don't know what.

Just now, craigkillie said:

Nobody has a clue what rules have been broken by the players because nobody has a clue: a) what they actually did on Saturday and b) what the rules actually are.

We know they've done something wrong, we just don't know what.

a) Absolutely. However the fact that Aberdeen aren't defending their players position certainly points in a particular direction. Would be delighted if any of them come out an say 'I guarantee that on Saturday night I observed all protocols on distancing'. 

b) The rules on social distancing are very clear indeed. There may be other rules in play that are specific to football which do seem rather esoteric and poorly understood. 

It's altogether possible that there's been a different, or possibly more infractions, but it does seem that in attending a crowded gathering of strangers in what seemed a very tightly-packed environment, and subsequently testing positive, they've not really left much wiggle room for speculation.