The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Surely the club must currently have rules in place regarding going to bars at present even with the apparent inability of scottish footballers to abstain from alcohol during a season.

You'd think they could stay in the bubble while getting arseholed by drinking at Pittodrie.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You'd think they could stay in the bubble while getting arseholed by drinking at Pittodrie.

Nobody cares that you're a footballer there though...

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Nobody cares that you're a footballer there though...

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not sure that's the case.

He clearly knows the initial reaction from the support is to burn them at the stake, so he was asking supporters to reign it in whilst the investigation is ongoing and let them focus on tomorrow's match.

As was mentioned above, there is no doubt he's absolutely raging about this.

Please remember that you are never going to be able to reason with this Bogbrush character. He only comes out of the woodwork to slag off the club when he feels it’s necessary. Haven’t seen a single post from him that puts Aberdeen in a positive light. Obviously there is nothing in the slightest positive about this nightmare situation for the club.

The players have clearly been morons but needless to say they won't have been the only ones out last weekend. I won't be sharpening my pitchfork.

Even if the rules aren't clear on what players are and aren't allowed to do outwith their working hours you'd imagine most have been told yesterday/today they're not to be seen out in any pubs in town. 

43 minutes ago, gannonball said:

It was a few years ago now but the last game of the invincible season I was surprised how much Aberdeen players were out on their arses after an hour. Yes they would have been more tired with us having more possession  but I would say on average our players had played a dozen more games that season.

Then when we signed Hayes he looked well off the pace of our squad  which is why he took so long to break through initially. I don't think the Aberdeen players are much worse than the average SPFL team but there paid a fair bit more than the rest so should be a fair bit fitter really. 

😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

😂😂😂

Cant be arsed fishing for stats but When you factor in More European games and internationals it wouldn't be too far away? 
Even the likes of Brown admitted he struggled initially with playing 2 games a week constant.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

We played absolutely dreadful on Saturday and the players looked unfit.

Then a large group of these unfit players went into the city centre during a pandemic to celebrate the miserable defeat.

There must be a culture at the club that makes this acceptable.

That culture must be encouraged by McInnes and his management team.

But you want us to relieve the 750k per annum McInnes of any responsibility for this  state of affairs?

If we put aside the pandemic part for a moment - this assertion that players were out ‘celebrating’ is ridiculous. You think they were dancing on tables cheering?

btw - it’s not just you that said it - seen it so much across all platforms.

In regards to awarding points to other teams/deductions etc. The tipping point has to be where is the line that the players represent the club in general. its an interesting debate. Does the actions of the 8 players mean the entire club/fans should be punished for breaching guidelines? If the entire club were out then likely yes, if one player was sitting in the boozer himself then not. This wasn't something that was totally outwith the realms of possibility so to deduct points or forfeit games could have been incorporated into the agreement which I would quite like to see. 

Its a total minter for Aberdeen regardless and there's no getting away from that. 

46 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Cant be arsed fishing for stats but When you factor in More European games and internationals it wouldn't be too far away? 
Even the likes of Brown admitted he struggled initially with playing 2 games a week constant.

You'd a massive squad.

57 minutes ago, resk said:

I heard they were licking each other's faces on the dancefloor.

There's no evidence for that, but it 100% happened.

I think it's all an elaborate cover-up to enable the players to maintain their macho image.  This what they were actually all up to on Saturday night & REM incidentally wrote a song about it:

13 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Presume we’ve not heard anything on the Hamilton & Celtic games yet?

From the reason given for the postponement i think they're tbc. 

The fermers game was postponed so we could demonstrate adherence to protocols and not because of unavailable players so they aren't necessarily postponed.