The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

You wanting them to go door to door making sure the players are home?

No, they need to clearly state the repercussions of what will happen if any player acts irresponsibly or unprofessionally especially given this ongoing pandemic. That clearly hasn't happened up to last Saturday...

3 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

No, they need to clearly state the repercussions of what will happen if any player acts irresponsibly or unprofessionally especially given this ongoing pandemic. That clearly hasn't happened up to last Saturday...

Ah so your assuming. Cheers.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

The best I saw on Facebook was something along the lines of:

"Do we think this is the players reacting to the defensive tactics we've been employing recently??? Makes you wonder...decision to make about Mcinnes now!!!"

12 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

We played absolutely dreadful on Saturday and the players looked unfit.

Then a large group of these unfit players went into the city centre during a pandemic to celebrate the miserable defeat.

There must be a culture at the club that makes this acceptable.

That culture must be encouraged by McInnes and his management team.

But you want us to relieve the 750k per annum McInnes of any responsibility for this  state of affairs?

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Unclean ! Unclean !  The playing staff and management should be issued with brown cloaks and a bells and made to march up and down Union Street for a few hours.

They have let themselves down, the club down and worse of all the support.

These excuses for professional footballers deserve the ridicule and derision that is going to come their way.

8 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Then a large group of these unfit players went into the city centre during a pandemic to celebrate the miserable defeat.

But you want us to relieve McInnes of any responsibility for this  state of affairs?

Players fitness has nothing to do with whether the players made their own decision to go to a bar or not.

I would doubt the manager has told them it's fine to go out. If he has then he should also be disciplined. I'm not going to get upset or angry about it while it's nothing but speculation.

4 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Whoever suggested that probably didn't expect players to be having nights oot in crowded boozers, tbf. 

Alcohol has infested Scottish football for decades.

Aberdeen are likely just the first club to have players doing this as the virus spreads around their city.

If Perth had an outbreak last weekend I daresay it would be us being hammered just now.

Hopefully gives players a kick up the arse to act more professionally. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Alcohol has infested Scottish football for decades.

Aberdeen are likely just the first club to have players doing this as the virus spreads around their city.

If Perth had an outbreak last weekend I daresay it would be us being hammered just now.

Hopefully gives players a kick up the arse to act more professionally. 

Apparently Wee Nicola has had a pop at the Aberdeen players today.

Lots of people all over the country aren't socially distancing as they should - in the current circumstances pro football players who have been allowed to play games should ken better. 

Lots of people all over the country aren't socially distancing as they should - in the current circumstances pro football players who have been allowed to play games should ken better. 
They were also given the privilege (and it is very much a privilege just now) of being able to resume their profession and earn a living. Hundreds of thousands of others would love that opportunity just now.

7 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I always cringe when politicians say people expect professional footballers to act as role models, I can't think of a demographic where that is less the case, but they broke specific rules put in place to allow football to go ahead, so they should be hammered and the points given to St Johnstone. 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I always cringe when politicians say people expect professional footballers to act as role models, I can't think of a demographic where that is less the case, but they broke specific rules put in place to allow football to go ahead, so they should be hammered and the points given to St Johnstone. 

To be fair, I'm not sure Sturgeon could have ignored this - mainly for the reasons mentioned by The Marly.

36 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

But you want us to relieve the 750k per annum McInnes of any responsibility for this  state of affairs?

It was a few years ago now but the last game of the invincible season I was surprised how much Aberdeen players were out on their arses after an hour. Yes they would have been more tired with us having more possession  but I would say on average our players had played a dozen more games that season.

Then when we signed Hayes he looked well off the pace of our squad  which is why he took so long to break through initially. I don't think the Aberdeen players are much worse than the average SPFL team but there paid a fair bit more than the rest so should be a fair bit fitter really.