The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Where do you start with that?

Almost like statues when in possession, no pass and move at all. Supposedly strong in midfield with loads of options, the midfield was completely out played and manoeuvred by the ****.
Anderson on his own up front is an embarrassing tactic ( that every c**t guessed beforehand except Mcinness who went with it anyway). In many other types of employment the management wouldnt get away with such oversight and incompetence.
Horrible performance. He’s had 5 months to think about it and tweak the team to fit the ‘new club ethos’ of attractive footballer etc. He hasn’t changed in the slightest. Time for a change for me. First time I have ever felt like this but Mcinness isn’t the man for success.

11 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

There weren’t any highlights.

Maybe so but I’d like to see what everyone has to say about this shitshow! If they don’t at least show signs of a decent style of football against st Johnstone questions have to be asked if the management team were even invited to the philosophy meeting. As someone said earlier he has had 5 months to look into different ways to play and comes up with the same boring shit every time. As for pre season preparations this has been the worst in living memory and that certainly didn’t help matters! 

30 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Maybe I’m missing something, but shirley at 1-0 down instead of replacing Anderson with Edmondson why not see how the pair of them might have played together?

Because there's no intention to try the two of them up top ever.

If it happens it'll be because we're chasing an equaliser at home to Hamilton.

6 hours ago, big al said:

Where do you start with that?

Almost like statues when in possession, no pass and move at all. Supposedly strong in midfield with loads of options, the midfield was completely out played and manoeuvred by the ****.
Anderson on his own up front is an embarrassing tactic ( that every c**t guessed beforehand except Mcinness who went with it anyway). In many other types of employment the management wouldnt get away with such oversight and incompetence.
Horrible performance. He’s had 5 months to think about it and tweak the team to fit the ‘new club ethos’ of attractive footballer etc. He hasn’t changed in the slightest. Time for a change for me. First time I have ever felt like this but Mcinness isn’t the man for success.

In his pre season chat with McLean during the week he mentioned playing faster, more creative football. I was suckered in ignoring the fact he said the same last pre season.

When he joined we had been shite and he had us playing some great for six months as a counter attacking team. We even got away with it in Europe for a couple of seasons. As teams realised we were decent they sat further back. It's been progressively worse since.

11 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Let’s see what happens against Saints before we lose our shit.

Tbf you shouldn't read much into that either, unless you get pumped.

Had a couple of bounce games where we just chucked every player on the park every so often, so these early games are virtually pre-season for us.

Combine the new manager trying to implement a new formation 3-4-3, and we're going to struggle early on I fear, until everyone gets up to speed and either learns that set up or it gets changed.

Now is the time to play us. You'll just have to hope McInnes doesn't overthink it.

Guest Bob Mahelp
19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf you shouldn't read much into that either, unless you get pumped.

Had a couple of bounce games where we just chucked every player on the park every so often, so these early games are virtually pre-season for us.

Combine the new manager trying to implement a new formation 3-4-3, and we're going to struggle early on I fear, until everyone gets up to speed and either learns that set up or it gets changed.

Now is the time to play us. You'll just have to hope McInnes doesn't overthink it.

I haven't seen the highlights of the Saints game yesterday, but it would be hard to imagine that you were as far off the pace and under-cooked (insert more metaphors) as we were. 

At least you showed some fight to come back with 10 men.

Next week could well be another 0-0 thriller I fear. 

7 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I haven't seen the highlights of the Saints game yesterday, but it would be hard to imagine that you were as far off the pace and under-cooked (insert more metaphors) as we were. 

At least you showed some fight to come back with 10 men.

Next week could well be another 0-0 thriller I fear. 

First half was a complete mess. Players must've run miles yet barely touched the ball. Simple passes getting blootered to nobody. 

Going down to 10 helped as folk could just sit in and hold their space, so it all became more structured.

If we play the first half against you lot then you'll eat us alive. We only played 2 CMs and the midfield runners from United were getting acres of space 20 yards out, Bryson is the type of player you'd expect to thrive in that.

I'm not sure we'll play the same way, or that McInnes won't show us far too much respect and match up instead of exploiting it, but its a worry for me we remain wide open until the manager changes it.