The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Not a ball kicked in anger for almost five months and both our main strikers injured - this is very AFC.

I remember McInnes singing the praises of the medical staff during a relatively injury free season a few years back - presumably this is all just down to bad luck?

15 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Not a ball kicked in anger for almost five months and both our main strikers injured - this is very AFC.

I remember McInnes singing the praises of the medical staff during a relatively injury free season a few years back - presumably this is all just down to bad luck?

It's because a main tactic with our signings under McInnes has been to get players who would otherwise have been beyond our reach but who have suffered with injuries and so come back down into our bracket financially and in terms of ambition. Fine to get some of those guys in but when it seems to be the main strategy the manager then bemoaning "luck" when most of them suffer recurrences of their injures is moronic. 

23 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

All gone downhill since David Wylie & John Sharp left 

Was the  type signing i expected ,    if the lads got  right attitude  he can go back in January  knocking on door premiership team. ,big incentive for him.    Few there fans seem think he deserved a chance  with Leeds this season    This might be Maddison,Hector ,Ward etc success  or   could be Wes Burns .  that  is  the gamble we have to take.  . Anderson is getting his chance and that is what we all wanted to see. .  Looking forward see how we play without Cosgrove ,  as   we do seem be lot more pleasing on the eye when he is not playing.   .