The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

So surely Anderson starts Saturday. Haven't heard much about Main and he hasn't been mentioned in any of the friendlies has he?
Surely means that Michael Ruth comes in as our No. 2 choice...not the grand restart we had planned for but at the same time chances for young players is always exciting right? [emoji30]

31 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

The youngsters that have stepped up during McInnes' time normally get a real run of games when the shits either hit the fan or we've had a mad spell of injuries.

Could be Bruce's time to shine.

Main definitely looks to be back in training.

Main is definitely a more natural replacement for Cosgrove in McInnes's preferred style/system, although I suppose he did admit that it wasn't exactly vintage stuff last season so he might be willing to take a few more risks and mix things up a bit.

Anderson is probably more of a goal threat, but Main, as much as I wouldn't want him to be our first choice option for too long, carries more of a physical presence and is decent at creating space for others - McGinn especially benefited from this before the shutdown, I thought. McInnes does traditionally favour a striker who 'leads the line' and I'm not sure Anderson fits that bill. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Blessing in disguise, IMO.

A striker who can actually move centre halves about might allow your more creative players some space.

Yes, a £3 million pound saleable asset injured until Christmas is a blessing in disguise 

Take a minute, sometimes 

8 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Anderson to start the season as surprise choice due to circumstance and bang in 50 goals over the course of the season, leading us to a famous league title victory. Also putting to bed any of the 10* iar nonsense. 

NAP!

I like you 

Anderson to start the season as surprise choice due to circumstance and bang in 50 goals over the course of the season, leading us to a famous league title victory. Also putting to bed any of the 10* iar nonsense. 

NAP!

Or Anderson to start the season as surprise choice due to circumstance and complete fluke - yet McInnes will be regarded as a genius.

File Under:

McKenna drafted in from nowhere for Fir Park as punishment for a defence who lost there 0-3 a hours earlier.

The Vyner/Leigh DM role that worked again at Fir Park this time last season (same tactic used the following week at Ibrox and humped 0-5)

The pre lockdown tombola of playing with no RB and Football Manager all out attack to comeback against Hibs.

Shame there are so many many many more that failed...so what will Saturday be ?

Fluke or Failure ?

6 hours ago, DrewDon said:

All fine as part of a two, but not as a back three. Could maybe get away with Considine on the left of a three, but it would put too much pressure on Taylor to distribute the ball, which is by far the weakest aspect of his game (likewise with Devlin). 

very possibly. back 3 becomes a more viable option if/when hoban comes in i guess

9 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Or Anderson to start the season as surprise choice due to circumstance and complete fluke - yet McInnes will be regarded as a genius.

File Under:

McKenna drafted in from nowhere for Fir Park as punishment for a defence who lost there 0-3 a hours earlier.

The Vyner/Leigh DM role that worked again at Fir Park this time last season (same tactic used the following week at Ibrox and humped 0-5)

The pre lockdown tombola of playing with no RB and Football Manager all out attack to comeback against Hibs.

Shame there are so many many many more that failed...so what will Saturday be ?

Fluke or Failure ?

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

Putting an untried CB in a repeat fixture against a team that just horsed us 3-0 'a complete fluke'.

FFS man, he gets enough stick for not trying youngsters without folk calling it a fluke when he actually gets it right.