The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

No, the golden rule is don't con your own fans because it will come back and bite you.

If we're so skint why have we just got Rob McLean on RedTV. Why not let Waldorf and Statler carry on for pennies? It's only away games. That two would do it for petrol money if it meant they could suck up to the club. 

How much are AFC going to be paying Rob McLean. ?   And how much were the previous guys getting ?    

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Can we just ignore the trolls?

I'm certain it's no coincidence we've not heard from bogbrush in days and then he's in giving the other negative boy greenies in minutes.

There's no such thing as coincidence MR...but I think you'll find that the club has just released a statement which is what we're responding to

1 minute ago, A96 said:

How much are AFC going to be paying Rob McLean. ?   And how much were the previous guys getting ?    

The previous guys are still on the books A96.. They're doing the home matches.. But we've got McLean doing the aways and Derek Rae turning up occasionally too... They won't be on under 30k which are supposedly the poor souls we're doing our best to protect 

4 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

The previous guys are still on the books A96.. They're doing the home matches.. But we've got McLean doing the aways and Derek Rae turning up occasionally too... They won't be on under 30k which are supposedly the poor souls we're doing our best to protect 

Can’t see any specific figures there.   Surely ,you , of all posters ,tirelessly campaigning for honesty and openness , must know the figures.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm sure we would have been listening to him complain about the amateurish production on his illegal stream if we used the same presentation we used last season.

That's some pretty libellous stuff there, careful now.

17 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I hope Rob McLean gets with the program sharpish because i don't pay red tv for impartial commentary. I'll concede that i would occasionally like to know what's going on in the game though. 

I'm sure you won't get any impartial commentary when McLean's up in Dingwall...

37 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Can we just ignore the trolls?

I'm certain it's no coincidence we've not heard from bogbrush in days and then he's in giving the other negative boy greenies in minutes.

Troll? Because I pointed out we've magically upped the expected capacity after hitting that number of season tickets. Dinna be so precious. It's alrite to question what the club is doing. 

4 minutes ago, Fillin said:

Troll? Because I pointed out we've magically upped the expected capacity after hitting that number of season tickets. Dinna be so precious. It's alrite to question what the club is doing. 

Question the club handing out a new deal when the manager isn't reaching expectations. Question the club when we get a doing at home from relegation candidates.

Let's not question the club when they've been very transparent from the first moment and are trying to raise the necessary funds.

15 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Question the club handing out a new deal when the manager isn't reaching expectations. Question the club when we get a doing at home from relegation candidates.

Let's not question the club when they've been very transparent from the first moment and are trying to raise the necessary funds.

In your opinion, and probably most others on here, they are being transparent. 

Not all of us are so convinced about that transparency. Therefore, we have the right to question just like you have the right to treat everything you read from the club as gospel.

But most on here were completely taken in by a Vancouver_Don. Let that be a lesson in not accepting things at face value.

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

All this chat about being skint is going to look bad when you spend six figures on Brophy.

I don't know about Brophy but correct about looking bad. If you can't pay the players presently in the timely fashion that was agreed on their contracts then new players or new hires in background staff shouldn't be coming in. 

In the first instance, you should be looking after your current employees. I don't know of many businesses that hire when they're claiming financial hardship.

I think they've added the two new RedTV commentators and a finance guy to my knowledge in the last couple of weeks whilst pleading the fans give them money for nothing. 

2 hours ago, A96 said:

Can’t see any specific figures there.   Surely ,you , of all posters ,tirelessly campaigning for honesty and openness , must know the figures.

I can't give you specific figures because the club aren't being transparent

Edited by Bogbrush1903

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I don't know about Brophy but correct about looking bad. If you can't pay the players presently in the timely fashion that was agreed on their contracts then new players or new hires in background staff shouldn't be coming in. 

In the first instance, you should be looking after your current employees. I don't know of many businesses that hire when they're claiming financial hardship.

I think they've added the two new RedTV commentators and a finance guy to my knowledge in the last couple of weeks whilst pleading the fans give them money for nothing. 

I’m sure it’s part of the wage cut agreement that a new player only comes in if required because a player has left.

Pretty basic to be honest.