The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 hours ago, Fillin said:

Yes, international get every home and away game. 

No, international gets every home game and away games where there is a facility to cover the game. 

I worked abroad recently and had access to Red TV International, but some away games....at places like Kilmarnock and Ross County....weren't covered live. 

You'll get most away games, but not all of them. 

4 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Was surprised that McInnes was on Sportsound today, as just presumed we’d be playing someone this weekend.

The squad had an 11 v 11 match with a referee brought in to give it a realistic feel this morning. Derek McInnes was in the Aberdeen studio of BBC Scotland.

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

No, international gets every home game and away games where there is a facility to cover the game.

I worked abroad recently and had access to Red TV International, but some away games....at places like Kilmarnock and Ross County....weren't covered live. 

When were these games that they didn't cover? I have worked abroad recently and I don't think I can recall RedTV International missing any live games except on Champions League nights due to the UEFA blackout. 

7 hours ago, DrewDon said:

When were these games that they didn't cover? I have worked abroad recently and I don't think I can recall RedTV International missing any live games except on Champions League nights due to the UEFA blackout. 

They had better relax those UEFA rules this season. It'll be even more of a farce if they don't.

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Sorry Drew, I can't give you times and dates, but there were definitely Saturday away games that weren't covered.

Maybe it's changed now ?

59 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

They had better relax those UEFA rules this season. It'll be even more of a farce if they don't.

They have no impact on club streaming their own games? Its just companies like Sky/BT who don't cover live games at the same time (unless they get special dispensation).

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They have no impact on club streaming their own games? Its just companies like Sky/BT who don't cover live games at the same time (unless they get special dispensation).

Red TV couldn't cover the Scottish Cup replay against Kilmarnock due to the Champions League earlier this year, even for international viewers.

They may have missed a few games a couple of seasons ago but apart from the Killie Sco Cup replay last season because of UEFA I think they had all aways. They certainly will this season with every club going to be 100% geared up to stream games. The reliability of the streams was much improved last season as well. 

On 18/07/2020 at 11:23, Bogbrush1903 said:

A perfectly reasonable post King as normal, explaining the situation from your perspective and then you go and ruin it with the "attention seeking" slur. 

I gave my point of view and I've been subjected to scorn and abuse. 

Then Rod Hull goes and stalks me on another forum and misrepresents my words on here. Therefore, I defend myself as you would. 

Meanwhile, Vancouver_Don talks complete nonsense but it is what the majority wants to hear so he's treated like a prophet. That's a true attention seeker. He says there's a leak in the boardroom but everyone's happy because he seems to be informing us of inside info. 

I've only expressed my opinion, nobody need respond if they disagree so vehemently that all the want to do is to tell me to fuk off... 

You do realise that the ultimate decision on how many are able to attend football games is down to the individual clubs.  There will be a cost associated with allowing fans into grounds for staffing, catering, policing etc. and therefore the Scottish Government can decide tha there can be 20, 200, 2000 or 20000 fans in each stadium but that does not require the clubs to even open the grounds.

Aberdeen may be hopedful that they are allowed 7500 in to games from the start of the season.  If they aren't they may decide not to let fans attend until 7500 are allowed, which would mean that they can guarantee access for season ticket holders.

I am surprised that anyone would be using clubs selling season tickets during these unprecedented times as a stick  Most fans want to make sure the club they support is still in existence when everything is back up and running.  Others, like yourself will continue to boast about what you have done in the past rather than what you are doing now to support "your" club.

47 minutes ago, strichener said:

You do realise that the ultimate decision on how many are able to attend football games is down to the individual clubs.  There will be a cost associated with allowing fans into grounds for staffing, catering, policing etc. and therefore the Scottish Government can decide tha there can be 20, 200, 2000 or 20000 fans in each stadium but that does not require the clubs to even open the grounds.

Aberdeen may be hopedful that they are allowed 7500 in to games from the start of the season.  If they aren't they may decide not to let fans attend until 7500 are allowed, which would mean that they can guarantee access for season ticket holders.

I am surprised that anyone would be using clubs selling season tickets during these unprecedented times as a stick  Most fans want to make sure the club they support is still in existence when everything is back up and running.  Others, like yourself will continue to boast about what you have done in the past rather than what you are doing now to support "your" club.

7,500 shall only be possible if the Scottish Government approves a two metre social distance. I don't think I've discussed anywhere what happens with one metre guidelines as is the current policy. I was dealing with the facts as they stand and not the variables inside your head.

You're not best placed to criticise what I'm doing for my club now or in the future.

Does a supporter not belong to their club and vice versa? I'm curious why you should place inverted commas around "your"...

Edited by Bogbrush1903

4 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

7,500 shall only be possible if the Scottish Government approves a two metre social distance. I don't think I've discussed anywhere what happens with one metre guidelines as is the current policy. I was dealing with the facts as they stand and not the variables inside your head.

You're not best placed to criticise what I'm doing for my club now or in the future.

Does a supporter not belong to their club and vice versa? I'm curious why you should place inverted commas around "your"...

What is this load of nonsense and how does it relate to my post?

You quite clearly aren't buying a season ticket for "your" club.  Yet you think that attending 700 games gives you a right to criticise others.

The reason for the continued use of "your" is that I think you have a brass neck claiming that you are a supporter of the club when you and not simply being unsupportive but actually critical of the club trying to get income to survive this crisis.  I bet you are one of those that think it should be the faceless suits that inject the funds in so that you can go to another X amount of games.

"Your" club needs you at this time of need and you are nowhere to be seen.

7 minutes ago, strichener said:

What is this load of nonsense and how does it relate to my post?

You quite clearly aren't buying a season ticket for "your" club.  Yet you think that attending 700 games gives you a right to criticise others.

The reason for the continued use of "your" is that I think you have a brass neck claiming that you are a supporter of the club when you and not simply being unsupportive but actually critical of the club trying to get income to survive this crisis.  I bet you are one of those that think it should be the faceless suits that inject the funds in so that you can go to another X amount of games.

"Your" club needs you at this time of need and you are nowhere to be seen.

Brilliant, this guy has you all hook, line and sinker.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I only skimmed the weekend posts on this thread, but my take away is that we're signing an International striker, so a good start to the week. Cheers lads.

"International" guarantees top quality, doesn't it? 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I only skimmed the weekend posts on this thread, but my take away is that we're signing an International striker, so a good start to the week. Cheers lads.

Yes, but that's only because the club accepted a low-ball offer for Cosgrove, so; in order that the benighted masses like you & I  continue to pump money into the club & don't turn up at Pittodrie with flaming torches & pitchforks, rumours have been circulated that we will be purchasing an international striker.  You forgot that bit.