The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

56 minutes ago, HunterAFC said:

France will have another transfer window at some point in August/September, wouldn't be surprised if Guingamp keep working on Cosgrove if they were willing to spend €3M. 

Good point.  The club seems to be happy with the valuation, all depends on whether Cosgrove feels that French League Two would put him in the 'shop window' or not.  

2 hours ago, Golden Gordon said:

Wouldn't surprise me.  That's potentially Cosgrove & McKenna away pretty soon then.  Hopefully get more than £1.75 million for both of them, to save Willy's embarassment for us!  Only concern I have is that any transfer fees received will be used to cover the coronavirus shortfall, so it's anyone's guess what the quality of their replacements will be. 

I don't mind you scoring points or going off in a tangent about what I said it's the P&B way,Lewis Ferguson got his chance in the first team because of nepotism at 18 years ago where many other players in his position don't get that chance,nothing to do with funny hand shakes or conspiracy theories, nepotism happens in all businesses it's up to you if you think it's a positive or a negative thing.
I've said McInnes won't last the season and I stand free on that,McInnes also has a blind spot at left back for me it costs Aberdeen a number of points season after season.
I'm not having a pop it's constructive criticism,as far as selling players Aberdeen have been left behind it's time to ketchup. 

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I don't mind you scoring points or going off in a tangent about what I said it's the P&B way,Lewis Ferguson got his chance in the first team because of nepotism at 18 years ago where many other players in his position don't get that chance,nothing to do with funny hand shakes or conspiracy theories, nepotism happens in all businesses it's up to you if you think it's a positive or a negative thing.
I've said McInnes won't last the season and I stand free 😄 on that,McInnes also has a blind spot at left back for me it costs Aberdeen a number of points season after season.
I'm not having a pop it's constructive criticism,as far as selling players Aberdeen have been left behind it's time to ketchup. 

All meant in jest Willy, I hope you don't take it personally, it certainly wasn't my intention to insult you.  The amount of pish I post should give you plenty ammunition, should you wish to return the favour at any point! 

Happy to concede that there are certain aspects of our youth set-up or recruitment that are worth greater scrutiny, but it doesn't hugely bother me that we haven't brought in huge transfer fees in the recent past, I don't know, maybe it should.

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I've said McInnes won't last the season and I stand free on that,McInnes also has a blind spot at left back for me it costs Aberdeen a number of points season after season.

Celtic are one to talk when they have Karamoko Dembele playing first team games. Would he be anywhere near the team without his dads influence? 

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

McInnes also has a blind spot at left back for me it costs Aberdeen a number of points season after season.

Not sure I'm with you 100% there Willy.  Considine may not be Maldini & can be caught out from time to time through lack of pace, but his defensive attributes are pretty solid & has been a fairly consistent performer at Premiership level.  Don't forget, it was Considine who scored the goal that cost Brendan Rogers his first defeat at Parkhead.

I also don't think I agree with you that McInnes has a blind spot around the LB area.  He initially brought in Shinnie to fill that position, until he was converted into to a CM.  Can't really argue with that decision, as that is the position that he continues to play in at Derby.  Over the past three seasons, McInnes has brought in Max Lowe, Greg Leigh & now Jonny Hayes to fill the LB slot.  That doesn't strike me as the actions of a manager who has a blind spot around that position.

8 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Not sure I'm with you 100% there Willy.  Considine may not be Maldini & can be caught out from time to time through lack of pace, but his defensive attributes are pretty solid & has been a fairly consistent performer at Premiership level.  Don't forget, it was Considine who scored the goal that cost Brendan Rogers his first defeat at Parkhead.

I also don't think I agree with you that McInnes has a blind spot around the LB area.  He initially brought in Shinnie to fill that position, until he was converted into to a CM.  Can't really argue with that decision, as that is the position that he continues to play in at Derby.  Over the past three seasons, McInnes has brought in Max Lowe, Greg Leigh & now Jonny Hayes to fill the LB slot.  That doesn't strike me as the actions of a manager who has a blind spot around that position.

You're not suggesting that Wee Willy is talking shite, are you?

1 hour ago, Golden Gordon said:

There is a difference between a stop gap and a natural left back this has been going on longer than 3 seasons.
The fact he keeps bring in guys for that position proves that Considine isn't the answer,Hayes is a wing back maybe now his legs are starting to go he won't get forward as much.
Logan is not a McKimmie but at least hes a natural right back struggling to think of one on the other side under McInnes?

Edited by wastecoatwilly

17 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There is a difference between a stop gap and a natural left back this has been going on longer than 3 seasons.
The fact he keeps bring in guys for that position proves that Considine isn't the answer,Hayes is a wing back maybe now his legs are starting to go he won't get forward as much.
Logan is not a McKimmie but at least hes a natural right back struggling to think of one on the other side under McInnes?

I suppose it's possible that Considine has had to adapt to playing at LB because we've been unable to find a long-term natural LB at the right transfer fee/wage level who is an upgrade on Considine, hence the loans.  I know that we had agreed a fee with Breda for Leigh, prior to coronavirus stealing all of our money.  Aside from Shinnie, the last natural LB we had was Gary Naysmith, as far as I remember & I'm sure he was a Paw Broon signing. 

4 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Paw Broon's tenure was the transition period between McGhee & McInnes, playing for the draw & all that.  Not surprised you've erased that from memory, to be fair!

Oh yeah.

Broon isn't the worst manager I've seen in my lifetime but it is 100% the most apathetic I've been to AFC.

Possibly fatigue from all the shite that had gone before but it was just so boring.

59 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Shinnie, Lowe and Leigh. He literally named them for you.

32 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

I suppose it's possible that Considine has had to adapt to playing at LB because we've been unable to find a long-term natural LB at the right transfer fee/wage level who is an upgrade on Considine, hence the loans.  I know that we had agreed a fee with Breda for Leigh, prior to coronavirus stealing all of our money.  Aside from Shinnie, the last natural LB we had was Gary Naysmith, as far as I remember & I'm sure he was a Paw Broon signing. 

So not a definite blind spot but a blurred view over the last 8-9 years.

43 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Oh yeah.

Broon isn't the worst manager I've seen in my lifetime but it is 100% the most apathetic I've been to AFC.

Possibly fatigue from all the shite that had gone before but it was just so boring.

Yes, playing for percentage gains does not make for memorable football.