The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

On 10/07/2020 at 03:54, Vancouver_Don said:

I haven't heard anything about forest being interested. Middlesborough, Stoke and Hull City are the interested parties I've been told.

Our man with his ear to the boardroom wall is back...

7 hours ago, Golden Gordon said:

Ha ha Willy, born & bred in Aberdeen.  Moved to Glasgow for uni & back down again for work.  Just attempting to strengthen the gene pool in Glasgow. ;)  

That’s not difficult.

8 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Probably true tbh. We'll need to sell one of McKenna, Cosgrove and Ferguson.

I can see McKenna and Cosgrove leaving, but would be really disappointed if Ferguson was sold. However, if we get a ridiculous offer then we probably can’t turn it down.

22 hours ago, Jute said:

2-2 draw against County in first preseason game. Anderson with both Dons goals.

He really needs to go out on loan again. There's no point in him sitting on our bench all season and getting the odd 5 mins here and there.

I think he's been quite harshly treated tbh and deserves more game time.

45 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

He really needs to go out on loan again. There's no point in him sitting on our bench all season and getting the odd 5 mins here and there.

I think he's been quite harshly treated tbh and deserves more game time.

I don't think he's been that harshly treated really. One of my pals coached him as a youngster and says even at that level he needs someone playing off him. That's now how we set up.

5 hours ago, Golden Gordon said:

We can't all have the reflected glory of selling Tierney for £25 million & Dembele for £20 million, I think is the point he's getting at.

He’s on the wind up, that’s what he’s getting at!

15 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I don't think he's been that harshly treated really. One of my pals coached him as a youngster and says even at that level he needs someone playing off him. That's now how we set up.

which is exactly why he should go out on loan again. getting 5 or 10 mins at the end if games when we need a goal isn't doing him any favours. 

He's 21, he needs to be playing regular first team football if he's going to improve.