The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Just now, Rodhull said:

Presumably he’s not racist or homophobic enough for them?

Even if what he says turns out to be nonsense the idea that the hat object to it given some of the made up shit that gets posted on there is pretty funny.

I don't know. I'm not on there for the very reason that it's an echo chamber of nonsense.

I had a peruse this morning during a particularly bored moment at work though.

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Presumably he’s not racist or homophobic enough for them?

Even if what he says turns out to be nonsense the idea that the hat object to it given some of the made up shit that gets posted on there is pretty funny.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don't know. I'm not on there for the very reason that it's an echo chamber of nonsense.

I had a peruse this morning during a particularly bored moment at work though.

Gave up on that site around five years ago.

Occasionally have a snoop about but a hotbed for a balanced debate it certainly isn't

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

Tommie Hoban is with the Physios at Cormark Park

Derek McInnes on RedTV:

It is for us to fulfill our commitment to get Tommy Hoban fit. Under the current restrictions we are not able to sign players. 

Interesting what he said about McGinn playing more centrally too.  Possibility that this McKenna/Hoban stuff could be guff then?

Technically it’s not guff.
Depends on the fee offered for McKenna. Clubs know we are skint so aren’t going to offer us what we want.

Question is. Do we want McKenna with an even bigger huff this season ?

15 hours ago, big al said:

Not sure what all the talk of Mcgeouch/Ojo at centre half is all about.

If McKenna goes, a new defender will come in, possibly a loan from Engerland.

Was more a case of "surely we have someone in mind or that's what's gonna happen. " makeshift centre halfs is a big no no

Edited by Granite_don 22

12 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Technically it’s not guff.
Depends on the fee offered for McKenna. Clubs know we are skint so aren’t going to offer us what we want.

Question is. Do we want McKenna with an even bigger huff this season ?

Yes, I meant specifically that McKenna out, Hoban in, was guff, as McInnes stated that Hoban was with us to recuperate, as opposed to a signing target.  You're right about the Hobson's Choice situation regarding McKenna.  Do we sell McKenna at a reduced fee, in order to cover the financial shortfall & consequently weaken the squad or; hold out for a reasonable fee, making the player unhappy & consequently weaken the squad through his reduced motivation.  If it's the former, I'd be surprised if we could find a replacement of similar quality to McKenna.  Additionally, going by the photo below, he looks fairly furious that he's even having to train with us, let alone play!     

On 24/06/2020 at 16:44, DrewDon said:

Just now, Bohemian said:

Saw that on twitter just now.. not great is it.

Not great but not a massive issue I don't think.

Was always going to happen somewhere, player is self isolating, currently don't think there's a risk of it spreading and no impact on training etc.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Was always going to happen somewhere, player is self isolating, currently don't think there's a risk of it spreading and no impact on training etc.

Yeah fingers crossed he will be fine and not too much disruption to the club. I'm sure Aberdeen wont be the only club affected.  With clubs getting back to training its bound to happen. 

39 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Saw that on twitter just now.. not great is it.

38 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

37 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Wishing whoever it is a full and speedy recovery

Yeah not great news but was always going to happen.

I'd imagine twitter is full of idiots wanting to know who it is as well.

Hopefully whoever has caught the virus is going to make a full recovery. I wish him all the best.

Just imagine if the season had been extended and it resulted in multiple (or the whole Aberdeen squad) self isolating? Thankfully we don't have to face this prospect.