The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I am, but I can’t really remember what that looked like in practice!

Well they lined up

GK

RB  LB

RH CH LH

OR IR CF IL OL

but after that it kind of went to shit...

e.g.                      Ogston 

Shewan Hogg

Kinnell Coutts Smith

Kerrigan Cooke Graham Winchester Hume

41 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Virtanen was absolutely superb for us, you’d have never thought he was in his first season of senior football. Strong in the tackle and with a decent range of passing, he was just as impressive (arguably more, and whilst playing at a higher level) as Scott Martin who we had on loan in League One, and has since been a regular for Hamilton. Won a good few MOTM awards over the course of the season, and picked up the club & supporters club YPOTY too. In January there were strong rumours McInnes wanted to recall him from his loan, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he featured for Aberdeen next season. If not, would absolutely love to have him back.

I would be stunned if he gets even a slight chance unfortunately. Would love us to develop him but we are overloaded at centre mid and right back

3 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Virtanen was absolutely superb for us, you’d have never thought he was in his first season of senior football. Strong in the tackle and with a decent range of passing, he was just as impressive (arguably more, and whilst playing at a higher level) as Scott Martin who we had on loan in League One, and has since been a regular for Hamilton. Won a good few MOTM awards over the course of the season, and picked up the club & supporters club YPOTY too. In January there were strong rumours McInnes wanted to recall him from his loan, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he featured for Aberdeen next season. If not, would absolutely love to have him back.

Doubt it, He will be way down the pecking order. I expect him to be loaned out again. Don't mind if he goes back to Arbroath.

3 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Did he play exclusively CM for Arbroath?  Interesting to know if he had the attributes to play at CB, McInnes does love a utility player.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Well they lined up

GK

RB  LB

RH CH LH

OR IR CF IL OL

but after that it kind of went to shit...

e.g.                      Ogston 

Shewan Hogg

Kinnell Coutts Smith

Kerrigan Cooke Graham Winchester Hume

'Tubby' Ogston?  Not that it matters, but his brother was janitor at my primary school.  Also had fantastic reflexes, it was like being clipped round the ear by a ghost.  

5 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

'Tubby' Ogston?  Not that it matters, but his brother was janitor at my primary school.  Also had fantastic reflexes, it was like being clipped round the ear by a ghost.  

The very man.

Did he play exclusively CM for Arbroath?  Interesting to know if he had the attributes to play at CB, McInnes does love a utility player.

Played every game for us in the middle of the park, although I think for your u20/reserve side he’s played as a right back.

9 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Killie not being able to buy a win against us at Rugby Park for so long has obviously fried your head :(

I really enjoyed my trip for the cup replay this year if that’s any consolation x 

Yes, there is no doubt your team have had the upper hand over us for way too long. Each game awful to watch. It will come to an end soon. It does however get away for the main topic I responded too, Findlay is a far superior footballer than McKenna. As an aside, wait until our 37 year old right winger rips the p*sh out of you latest signing.

This KTID26 is a bit of an obsessed moron isn't he?

Won't  shut up about Findlay/Mckenna when no one else seems very bothered. Both decent players. Would be nice if we stole him off Killie once Mckenna goes. 

Just the natural order with big clubs picking the best players off the wee clubs which is ashame. Kilmarnock finished once above Aberdeen in the last 8 seasons and that was on goal difference.

When you look at our consistency over the last 6/7 years under McInnes it hasn't really been done my any club in last 20 years. He gets some warranted criticism but his enture tenure has been very good. 

13 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

This KTID26 is a bit of an obsessed moron isn't he?

Won't  shut up about Findlay/Mckenna when no one else seems very bothered. Both decent players. Would be nice if we stole him off Killie once Mckenna goes. 

Just the natural order with big clubs picking the best players off the wee clubs which is ashame. Kilmarnock finished once above Aberdeen in the last 8 seasons and that was on goal difference.

When you look at our consistency over the last 6/7 years under McInnes it hasn't really been done my any club in last 20 years. He gets some warranted criticism but his enture tenure has been very good. 

That good a large percentage of your support wanted rid because once again on a superior budget you came 4th for a second successive season.

1 hour ago, KTID26 said:

Yes, there is no doubt your team have had the upper hand over us for way too long. Each game awful to watch. It will come to an end soon. It does however get away for the main topic I responded too, Findlay is a far superior footballer than McKenna. As an aside, wait until our 37 year old right winger rips the p*sh out of you latest signing.

Bless

The Office Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

54 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

That good a large percentage of your support wanted rid because once again on a superior budget you came 4th for a second successive season.

Mcinnes has finished

3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 4th, 4th.

Finished ahead of Rangers twice and behind them twice. These last two seasons weren’t great but If your down seasons are not getting 3rd on goal difference and then a postponed season where you very well could have come 3rd then I can live with that. If you look at the absolute state of Hearts and Hibs in comparison who are probably fair to compare Aberdeen to its night and day. 

There are definitely flaws with Mcinnes but this is the best stretch by any non old firm team in the last 30 years. 

50 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

Mcinnes has finished

3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 4th, 4th.

Finished ahead of Rangers twice and behind them twice. These last two seasons weren’t great but If your down seasons are not getting 3rd on goal difference and then a postponed season where you very well could have come 3rd then I can live with that. If you look at the absolute state of Hearts and Hibs in comparison who are probably fair to compare Aberdeen to its night and day. 

There are definitely flaws with Mcinnes but this is the best stretch by any non old firm team in the last 30 years. 

Aye, well done