The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, Radford said:

Are you still peddling this nonsense? The fee was £800,000. Stop making things up. 

Over two installments. 

20200621_094004.jpg.39c26372d285d12b73a43cdae01e42a7.jpg

Middle paragraph from the accounts.

Just now, Radford said:

So the fee was £800,000. Glad we've got that sorted out. 

Yes, and the initial payment was £400k.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Obviously it was before the lockdown, but we plan on breaking our transfer record (£1.75m) when Kerr eventually goes, and especially if you set the benchmark of £5m with McKenna.

Hes contracted for for another 2 seasons and Barnsleys approach was laughed out last season.

I like Kerr, always thought he is decent. No way will he go for more than your record though. If you are to cash in now is the time though with 2 years left on his contract.
If Aberdeen were splashing some of any McKenna money around, (which it doesn’t look like is possible) then it would be far better spent on Findlay at Killie. 

Edited by big al

6 minutes ago, big al said:

I like Kerr, always thought he is decent. No way will he go for more than your record though. If you are to cash in now is the time though with 2 years left on his contract.
If Aberdeen were splashing some of any McKenna money around, (which it doesn’t look like is possible) then it would be far better spent on Liam Gordon. 

FTFY. 

2 minutes ago, big al said:

Haven’t seen a much of him to be honest but your fans obviously rate him.

He's the best defender at St Johnstone, was the main reason we steadily improved last season when he returned from injury and replaced the haddy that is Wallace  Duffy. 

Kerr was culpable for our poor start to the season and isn't nearly as good as some will tell you, a bit like McKenna. 

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

He's the best defender at St Johnstone, was the main reason we steadily improved last season when he returned from injury and replaced the haddy that is Wallace  Duffy. 

Kerr was culpable for our poor start to the season and isn't nearly as good as some will tell you, a bit like McKenna. 

Yeah your season did turn around. Felt Kerr wasn’t comfortable with his partner early in season so a bit harsh.

You played well at Pittodrie anyway.

11 hours ago, Vancouver_Don said:

Stoke, Aston Villa, QPR, Burnley, Watford, Middlesborough, Derby and Celtic too name a few. I was told there 3 EPL teams after him and 7 English Championship sides. His value is based on his Europa league experience, 13 caps for Scotland, he's still very young and the fact he's playing for a side in the top 3/4 positions in Scotland. The relative success of Shinnie, McLean, Ward and Maddison helps our cause. Aberdeen are confident they can get 4-5 million for him. The club has already received two bids and are expecting more this coming week. He could be gone late next week.

I sincerely hope I am wrong but I would be astonished if we got that kind of cash, I'm not arguing about whether we should accept anything less than that but unless a "bidding war" erupts it seems we would be in a position where an offer lower than that would see him gone. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I know. We sold Stevie May for an initial £400k, yet ended up getting over £1.2m all in.

If we sell to Aberdeen, it would be for a higher price than to England, yet by a few accounts we've already previously rejected deals from England that could eventually net seven figures for Kerr.

4 hours ago, Radford said:

Are you still peddling this nonsense? The fee was £800,000. Stop making things up. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Over two installments. 

20200621_094004.jpg.39c26372d285d12b73a43cdae01e42a7.jpg

Middle paragraph from the accounts.

Far be it from me to interfere in a domestic dispute for fear of getting clobbered by an erant tractor tyre, but RandumGuy is right in mho - initial fee.

What's the take with Miko Virtanen? Seems to be getting written about as a potential 'breakthrough' player for next season. Seemed to have a good season with Arbroath. But with Bryson, Campbell, Ojo, McGeouch and Ferguson, I'd imagine he'd be more likely for another season on loan somewhere than much game time for Aberdeen next season.

16 hours ago, Vancouver_Don said:

Aberdeen won't be paying any fees of that sort. The only fee we may pay is for Greg Leigh (125k) which all depends on the sale of McKenna. Aberdeen are not going to be in a position to sign players and certainly not for a fee even if they balance the books by selling Mckenna. The objective is to reduce the squad by removing the fringe players, reduce the squad size, selling McKenna to cover our costs during this crisis, add Hayes, Cerny and potentially Greg Leigh (McInnes top target). Cormack helped with funding the signing of Hayes with his own cash. He felt it would give the club and fans a boost during this crisis particularly as we are about to see a number of players leave the club from the first team squad. This window isn't going to be pretty.

Any news on whether Bryson is staying? Are we signing anyone apart from Cerny and Hayes?

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Any news on whether Bryson is staying? Are we signing anyone apart from Cerny and Hayes?

If Ferguson is sold Bryson is definitely staying however as things stand he is considered backup to Ojo, McGeough, and Ferguson. He's currently one of Aberdeen's highest paid players and like Hedges he's not done much since joining. Expect a few players to leave this summer. 

Aberdeen won't be signing anyone except for Hayes and the renewal of Cerny's contract. Leigh might happen if McKenna is sold. Even if Mckenna is sold Aberdeen won't be signing anyone outside of that. They want to keep the core of the squad as they feel its strong enough to finish third. Trimming off fringe players.

On 21/06/2020 at 00:21, Illgresi said:

I think we could eek out a bit more than £5m if we wait a year, but would accept that sort of offer with a fair sell-on clause if it stabilises the clubs financial position.

I would demand that a sizeable portion of that goes to signing a replacement though. I highly doubt either St. Johnstone or Killie would turn down a bid of around £1m for Kerr or Findlay respectively, in the current climate.

Any notion of selling Ferguson for £1m to the filth can get in the bin.

You are totally delusional if you think McKenna has a transfer value of over £5m. Findlay and Kerr are way better footballers than McKenna. As far as accepting £1m pound for Findlay of course we would reject that and in part because, unlike your club, we are not bleeding cash every day.  I would suspect your chairman is praying some fool will offer £1m for McKenna to help plug the financial hole.