The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

13 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I'd be disappointed if McLennan went out on loan. I felt like he was hitting form before the shutdown and he is one of those players with the tendency to pop up with really important moments in games. If he could pick up from where he left off, I'd like to see him used a regular next season. If he is loaned out, he would be a smart pick up for pretty much any team outside the Old Firm. 

I would happily have McLennan on loan at Rugby Park based on what I saw of him in Jan/February.

5 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's probably our best (only) chance of reaching the group stages.... 😀

I admire your optimism, but I feel that there have been too many qualifiers in recent seasons where we have been pinning our hopes to a good result in the second leg. On the plus side, we might have a more blood and thunder approach to one-off games, which would be an improvement on ball-achingly dull game-management matches. 

18 hours ago, Vancouver_Don said:

Callum Davidson has expressed an interest in McLennan as a cheap loan replacement for Wright. Theres nothing more in it at the moment. He provided a list of targets when interviewed. 

I'd be happy enough with McLennan. I fear the best we can hope for this summer is loans or younger, cheap players on a free.

Wouldn't mind him or Scott Wright either to be honest.

You could have an agreement with the players to be on wage cuts until fans are back in the stadium full time, you could sign Hayes on a similar basis with jumping up to a new salary when fans are back.

However, if we're laying people off it's definitely morally questionable.

The other side of that is Hayes can be a revenue generating investment, there will be a demographic of young kids who absolutely love him and will go back to watch him. And...me.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

You could have an agreement with the players to be on wage cuts until fans are back in the stadium full time, you could sign Hayes on a similar basis with jumping up to a new salary when fans are back.

However, if we're laying people off it's definitely morally questionable.

The other side of that is Hayes can be a revenue generating investment, there will be a demographic of young kids who absolutely love him and will go back to watch him. And...me.

Don't think it does much for a dressing room if you've just been told your wages are being cut and in walks a new signing on what will be a decent wage even if he's had to agree to lose some of it.

I think it depends how cuts are taking place. If it's a temporary reduction then a 'bonus' when the money starts coming in again then nothing much changes in relative terms.

An experienced player coming in could be the difference between 2nd/3rd, 3rd/4th and the prize money that comes with that.

Admittedly not an ideal scenario but somebody like Hayes who is a known commodity to the fans and some of the players would get more leeway than some journey man from down south.

20 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

I think it depends how cuts are taking place. If it's a temporary reduction then a 'bonus' when the money starts coming in again then nothing much changes in relative terms.

An experienced player coming in could be the difference between 2nd/3rd, 3rd/4th and the prize money that comes with that.

Admittedly not an ideal scenario but somebody like Hayes who is a known commodity to the fans and some of the players would get more leeway than some journey man from down south.

It doesn't really matter who it is. If my work brought back once of the guys who left to be a contractor elsewhere for a more successful competitor while folk are on furlough or having mandatory wage cuts then I'm going to be fucked off.

That's it confirmed, Ryan Fraser wont play again for Bournemouth.  As a manager, is he really a player you would  be interested in signing? He admitted he wasn't giving 100percent the previous season because he thought he was away and  now this. 

1 minute ago, GTG_03 said:

That's it confirmed, Ryan Fraser wont play again for Bournemouth.  As a manager, is he really a player you would  be interested in signing? He admitted he wasn't giving 100percent the previous season because he thought he was away and  now this. 

Sounds thick enough to take a move to his boyhood heroes.