The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I think peoples opinion of signing Hayes would be very different if he hadn't played for us in the past.
We'll be signing an experienced player that can play LB or LW, was a regular in a title winning/european squad who still has the pace to beat 75% of SPFL defenders.
By the sounds of it we're not exactly breaking the bank to sign him either so I cant really see a negative to the situation.
This is all on top of the fact he was one of the best players we've had this millennium and has already got a relationship with management and the fans

5 hours ago, big al said:

MCginn more central just off the striker was the catalyst for an improvement in performances before the virus hit. His days of on the wing are almost over. 

I wouldn't be opposed to moving McGinn central more permanently, but I wouldn't write him off as a winger just yet - he has lost some pace, but he was still statistically one of the best wingers in the league last season and our best wide option for the vast majority of the season. 

18 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Are we in Europe next season then?

Still not seem this confirmed officially anywhere 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_UEFA_Europa_League

The wikipedia page still shows the cup winner slot as empty, fwiw. However I would imagine it is exceedingly unlikely the cup will be finished before the start of the competition (or whatever deadline is in place).

On 15/06/2020 at 07:48, Dons_1988 said:

P.S. Could today be Hayes signing day then?

Even if the answer is no I'm already over excited. 

image.png.32c4f7c5f138af8c1e5430f3f40ca2b5.png

All is forgiven, sweet prince.

Can't pretend I'm not disappointed this didn't come to pass yesterday. Thank goodness for Hearts.

Come on Jonny, make my Tuesday.

18 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I wouldn't be opposed to moving McGinn central more permanently, but I wouldn't write him off as a winger just yet - he has lost some pace, but he was still statistically one of the best wingers in the league last season and our best wide option for the vast majority of the season. 

I honestly think he looks uncomfortable when he’s out wide all game. Doesn’t really look like he wants to run at the full back. Thought we looked better with Mcginn inside floating off the striker and McLennan with extra running power and youth on his side out wide. 

3 hours ago, big al said:

I honestly think he looks uncomfortable when he’s out wide all game. Doesn’t really look like he wants to run at the full back. Thought we looked better with Mcginn inside floating off the striker and McLennan with extra running power and youth on his side out wide. 

Could only benefit McLennan playing out wide and having McGinn almost coaching him through the game.

That leaves us with a Ferguson, McGeouch and Ojo problem though.

11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Could only benefit McLennan playing out wide and having McGinn almost coaching him through the game.

I thought it would eventually be Ferguson and either McGeouch or Ojo (probably McGeouch). I'm sure we wouldn't have signed Ojo if we had been able to get McGeouch at that time - they are similar players occupying similar positions on the pitch and wanting to do similar things. Saying that, they played pretty well together in the last game against Hibs before the season stopped, but that was just one game.  

16 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Not really.

If you play those 3 then Cosgrove is isolated, which was a big problem for many parts of the season. 
Very un-McIness like but with Hernandez and Hayes, 3-5-2 may become an option which would allow those 3 to play. 

7 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I thought it would eventually be Ferguson and either McGeouch or Ojo (probably McGeouch). I'm sure we wouldn't have signed Ojo if we had been able to get McGeouch at that time - they are similar players occupying similar positions on the pitch and wanting to do similar things. Saying that, they played pretty well together in the last game against Hibs before the season stopped, but that was just one game.  

1 minute ago, big al said:

Not really.

If you play those 3 then Cosgrove is isolated, which was a big problem for many parts of the season. 
Very un-McIness like but with Hernandez and Hayes, 3-5-2 may become an option which would allow those 3 to play. 

A problem in the sense he obviously likes Dylan but we paid decent cash for Ojo. The latter being the better of the two last season 

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

A problem in the sense he obviously likes Dylan but we paid decent cash for Ojo. The latter being the better of the two last season 

Maybe one of them can become a ball-playing centre-back. Either that, or one of them will get a season-long injury in October and that will be problem solved. 

8 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Will be announced on Thursday, apparently 

Aberdeen want Cerny and Hayes to be revealed together.

Greg Leigh was McInnes top target for the window. It now all depends on how much we get for McKenna and it it will cover our losses. We've already covered 4 million but its the 5 million between September and January that we need to account for.

McInnes wants to loan McLennan out for the season with St Mirren, Ross County and St Johnstone keen. McInnes feels he's not done enough and is too inconsistent. Feels he needs first tram action to gain that level of consistency required at Aberdeen.

Scott Wright is being assessed in training however he may be loaned out till January with the above teams also interested.

Hedges has interest from English league 1 sides. Aberdeen want a fee.

Edited by Vancouver_Don

Given we have no manager, why anyone thinks we’re interested in players is beyond me? Plus he’s a right winger, we’ve got one of those so not a chance Stevie Brown is even entertaining that. File that as a bullshit rumour I’m afraid.

19 minutes ago, Vancouver_Don said:

Aberdeen want Cerny and Hayes to be revealed together.

Greg Leigh was McInnes top target for the window. It now all depends on how much we get for McKenna and it it will cover our losses. We've already covered 4 million but its the 5 million between September and January that we need to account for.

McInnes wants to loan McLennan out for the season with St Mirren, Ross County and St Johnstone keen. McInnes feels he's not done enough and is too inconsistent. Feels he needs first tram action to gain that level of consistency required at Aberdeen.

Scott Wright is being assessed in training however he may be loaned out till January with the above teams also interested.

Hedges has interest from English league 1 sides. Aberdeen want a fee.

Worth mentioning St Johnstone dont have a manager and our chairman was in the news this very morning saying we wont be signing anybody, and will just use our youth system, until the COVID situation is cleared up.