The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I’m sure he was asked about Kingsford on one of his sportsound appearances.

Sure his response was along the lines of ‘ it’s not really at the forefront of our minds at the moment so talks/ plans etc are on hold’.

Kind of obvious really.

Edited by big al

Hello Aberdeen fans.

I have come to share some knowledge of how to ressurect this juggernaut of a club from its 35 year slumber.

I started an Aberdeen team on PES 2020 and have had much success, recently winning the title for the second consecutive time (by a 25 point margin!) to help soften the heartbreak of defeat to Inter Milan on penalties in the 2025 Europa league final.

What you need to do is sign Billy Gilmour, Fraser Hornby, Glenn Middleton, a reincarnated Matt Ritchie (and Scott Brown,Charlie Mu!grew, Lee Griffiths, Andy Considine, Christophe Berra, Grant Hanley, Ryan Jack, Robert Snodgrass, Ricky Foster,Craig Gordon, Allan McGregor and a few more), Aaron Hickey, James Scott, David Turnbull, John Souttar, Jamie Hamilton, and Liam Smith.

Keep McKenna and Lewis Ferguson. Build your team around them. Dean Campbell gets quite good too. Always put anchoring on your srategies to keep big Hornby central and get lots of crosses over. Then watch the trophies flood in.  Don't thank me my thanks will be the joy on your faces in five years time.

Just a small query. Tam Cowan always refers to them as “season books” and an article on the BBC Scotland football website today calls them “season books”. It’s a long, long time since Aberdeen has had season books, so I’m wondering is this just a phrase that’s used by West of Scotland fans, or do clubs actually still have a book of tickets to use.

Edited by kingjoey

26 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Just a small query. Tam Cowan always refers to them as “season books” and an article on the BBC Scotland football website today calls them “season books”. It’s a long, long time since Aberdeen has season books, so I’m wondering is this just a phrase that’s used by West of Scotland fans, or do clubs actually still have a book of tickets to use.

Lower league clubs still have books due to cost of digital turnstiles I would guess

44 minutes ago, big al said:

Lower league clubs still have books due to cost of digital turnstiles I would guess

Yes, sorry I can understand that must be the case. I was thinking more about the top clubs like Motherwell.

Yes, sorry I can understand that must be the case. I was thinking more about the top clubs like Motherwell.

To be fair, up until this most recent season saints still used books with one use tickets. Suspect we were the last in the top flight to go to the card system though.

On 22/04/2020 at 10:16, big al said:

I’m sure he was asked about Kingsford on one of his sportsound appearances.

Sure his response was along the lines of ‘ it’s not really at the forefront of our minds at the moment so talks/ plans etc are on hold’.

Kind of obvious really.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/move-still-on-even-if-dons-lose-10m/