The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Wow, that came out of nowhere. RB from Stabæk in Norway. Certainly an interesting one. Based on the length of the deal, there must be a fair bit of faith for this boy to perform. Certainly exciting. Whether he will be any good is a different story. I’m certainly positive as things stand

Aberdeen Football Club have made history this afternoon by completing the signing of their first ever Venezuelan international. Ronald Hernandez is joining the club on a four-and-a-half-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

The 22-year-old right back, who featured in the quarter final of the Copa America against Argentina last summer, arrives from Norwegian club Stabæk Fotball, where he has played for the past two and a half years.

The talented and highly rated young South American played in the Under 20 World Cup Final two years ago. He has been tracked by AFC’s recruitment team and has been on Derek McInnes’ radar for some time.

The manager, who has been seeking to maximise this transfer window to continue to build his first team, believes this is a major coup for the Dons.

“In a race against time, we’ve pulled out all the stops to get Hernandez to Pittodrie and part of the squad for this weekend and everyone is excited about his potential.

“He’s a young player, but he’s already got 15 caps for Venezuela, albeit in a number of friendlies. He’s played against the likes of Argentina with Messi and their stars and he’s done enough over the last couple of seasons to suggest that he’s going the right way.

“When I first spoke to Ronald, he was very keen to come and experience the Scottish Premier League with Aberdeen. Now, we have got him onboard with us, he can hopefully reach his full potential and be a valuable asset going forward.”

Ronald, who has been in Paris awaiting visa clearance, can’t wait to become a Dons player and is eager to kick off his career at Pittodrie.

“I am so excited to start my journey with the team, with Aberdeen. I cannot wait to get started.

“I want to continue to build myself and continue to improve my football and I see the Scottish League and Aberdeen as giving me a really great opportunity to show my own great football.

“I’m really happy. It’s a very important step for me to join this great club.”

Ronald will join his new teammates in Glasgow this evening and will go straight into the squad for the match against Rangers on Saturday, subject to international clearance.

If we're bringing anyone else in this window I hope it's a full back in the Max Lowe mould (on either side, maybe preferably RB).
If we could add that extra dimension to our attack, sacrifice one of our midfield 3 for say Kennedy playing no 10 we might have a bit more joy opening teams up.

Thank you, derek.

2 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Aberdeen twitterers: but we only scout league1 & 2, sack our scouts .. buy motherwells head scout .

Afc announce Hernandez!

Aberdeen twitterers: Fucking paedo name

Dunno like. Seeing that as the very first comment was pretty funny.

Genuinely dumbfounded at this latest development.

Ronaldooooo!

Knowing absolutely f**k all about this guy, I think I can confidently say that this is a fantastic deadline day signing! I can’t wait to see him bamming up opposition players and fans alike.

Compare this to signing Greg Halford. Love it. This is the nonsense I follow football for.