The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

s-l300.jpg&key=7ba55c9dc617092ec5915d0c574d0ac43841076b642e27b0ef8a14698a695e8e

I’d kill for that trackie jacket.

Takeover huh? Not really sure what it all means, but I’m sure it’ll become apparent soon enough. I fear that the tales of staying at Pittodrie may just be fans getting their hopes up, but certainly it’s much more likely than it was before. I’ve already got pictures of a Vicente Calderon-esque Main Stand with Pittodrie Street running underneath in my head. If they were to chuck a heap of cash at the club, a redeveloped, innovatively designed Pittodrie would be much more useful than an expensive squad IMO. Keep the squad where we are, leave a superb stadium as a legacy, and build from there.

Having said all that, I do feel that this is likely to be a Hibs-esque business as usual takeover, with more Jon Gallagher jobbers popping over at odd “Landon Donovan on loan at Everton” intervals.

When’s Funso Ojo back?

8 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

I do feel that this is likely to be a Hibs-esque business as usual takeover, with more Jon Gallagher jobbers popping over at odd “Landon Donovan on loan at Everton” intervals.

Thats what it feels like reading the statements. According to Cormacks statement most of the £5m is toward running costs for Cormack park - which is fine, it means its not a drain on BAU football costs.

I dont think it feels completely transformational yet, but the Atlanta tie in is interesting.

17 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Can quite believe that

Obvious to anyone from watching their joint interviews that Cormack and Milne don’t really see eye to eye 

They’re very different people

And thank f**k for that 

Yes, definitely. I think they've stated before they never really got on before the return of the mack.

5 hours ago, Green Day said:

Thats what it feels like reading the statements. According to Cormacks statement most of the £5m is toward running costs for Cormack park - which is fine, it means its not a drain on BAU football costs.

I dont think it feels completely transformational yet, but the Atlanta tie in is interesting.

The zoomers will be expecting big players (in relevant terms) being signed etc but not likely to happen.

52 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

The zoomers will be expecting big players (in relevant terms) being signed etc but not likely to happen.

Absolutely not going to happen and anyone that thinks that is in for big disappointment.

Listened to the press conference in full and Cormack went to lenghts to state it was Evolution NOT Revolution.

Also appears that there is going to be a ninety day period whereby Cormack, Eales and the rest of the crew are going to take stock of things.

Nonetheless, exciting times to be an Aberdeen supporter.

On 25/11/2019 at 15:29, EdTheDuck said:

With the greatest respect to my home town, Eales would have to be off his nut to swap Atlanta for Aberdeen, certifiably mental.

Less chance of getting shot whilst nipping to the shop for a pint of milk here...

Our form dependent, obviously.

41 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:
1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
Depends. Mastrick shops etc

So far I've survived not being shot after nearly 3 years of living in Mastrick. Avoiding the bams is an impossibility though

Ha, a walk past the Grays Inn is always eventful at this time of year.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2019/11/27/dons-to-deliver-international-training-camp-in-dubai/

Aberdeen FC has announced a collaborative and innovative partnership with leading energy brand Swire Oilfield Services and Dubai City Football Club which will see the Club deliver its inaugural International Training Camp.

Taking place in January, while the first team squad is visiting Dubai for its Winter Training Camp, the exciting initiative will create opportunities for Dubai City Football Club Academy players the to be coached ‘the AFC way’.

In a unique move, which will see AFC develop its brand and professional coaching programme in the Middle East, prominent AFC Youth Academy coaches will deliver a three-day training camp, sharing best practise and club philosophies with DCFC, while simultaneously offering a platform for Swire to engage with the club’s global fanbase and drive local community engagement.

Commenting on the partnership, AFC Commercial Director, Rob Wicks, said, “We are delighted to be working Swire Oilfield Services, another high calibre brand and global team player in the energy industry, as we look to deliver this innovative new International Training Camp in Dubai.

“This new relationship creates opportunities for children in Dubai to receive first class training from experienced Aberdeen FC Youth Academy coaches, while those participating will receive a visit from the players and the management team during the event. It will also provide a global platform for both Aberdeen FC and Swire Oilfield Services to further establish our brands across the region whilst helping to foster new relationships”.

Swire Oilfield Services Middle East General Manger, Jonathan Hughes, commented on the partnership, “The UAE forms an integral part of the global growth of our business and we are committed to ongoing investment in Dubai and the region as a whole. This partnership will bring together the best of Aberdeen and Dubai and help cement the already close relationship between the two cities.”

Aliser Beck, North Sea General Manger for Swire Oilfield Services, added “Having been established in Aberdeen over 40 years ago, it is great to be able to bring part of Swire Oilfield Services heritage to Dubai. This is a fantastic initiative and we are delighted to be working with the clubs, supporting local children across the city.”

21 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2019/11/27/dons-to-deliver-international-training-camp-in-dubai/

Aberdeen FC has announced a collaborative and innovative partnership with leading energy brand Swire Oilfield Services and Dubai City Football Club which will see the Club deliver its inaugural International Training Camp.

Taking place in January, while the first team squad is visiting Dubai for its Winter Training Camp, the exciting initiative will create opportunities for Dubai City Football Club Academy players the to be coached ‘the AFC way’.

Cue some hilarious jokes about "the AFC way"

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Cue some hilarious jokes about "the AFC way"

It does conjure up images of 30 bemused Arab teenagers watching McKenna and Considine roll the ball to each other for 10 minutes, before one of them hoofs it 70 yards.