The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

Fairly sure they moved. I remember a furore about it being the thin end of the wedge for "franchise football" in a US style. 

Kingsford Dons has a nice ring to it. 

It does seem Wimbledon play 3/4 a season there before the club folded and MK Dons emerged. I certainly wouldn't regard MK and Wimbledon as the same side though, so my initial point still stands.

29 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

It does seem Wimbledon play 3/4 a season there before the club folded and MK Dons emerged. I certainly wouldn't regard MK and Wimbledon as the same side though, so my initial point still stands.

MK Dons is a run by a new company, but they acquired the goodwill from the old one (checked companies house because I'm tragic). 

So they are the same trade but a different legal person. Whether or not this means that they are a different club is a very tedious point which I believe may have been discussed elsewhere. 

This does allow us to both be right though. 

33 minutes ago, coprolite said:

MK Dons is a run by a new company, but they acquired the goodwill from the old one (checked companies house because I'm tragic). 

So they are the same trade but a different legal person. Whether or not this means that they are a different club is a very tedious point which I believe may have been discussed elsewhere. 

This does allow us to both be right though. 

I will take that. Score draw.

Hi, 
I'm currently doing a report as part of my coursework for Uni and I'm talking about the alienation and commodification in football, I'm speaking about the MK Dons case and how the move alienated the fans, how are the Aberdeen fans feeling about the move to Westhill? Obviously this is a less extreme case for Aberdeen as they are moving 7 miles rather than the 80 that MK Dons did, but any input would be appreciated.

Whilst not overly keen on moving, I see the logic, and I think a lot of us have made peace with it (although there’s a part of me that still thinks the stadium move will never happen).

Have a look at the dedicated stadium thread though. Hibs and St Johnstone fans seem to have a real problem with it.

Best of luck with your course.

I don’t know, what are they?

Even if you answer, I still won’t know.

Ha ha.

I heard they both returned tickets and were currently sales under 10K.

Can’t be true though given the obsession the media and ex Rangers (IL) players has with our sales last year.

Throwing McInnes under the bus because you are 2 points off 3rd place after 10 games? What a dour ungrateful b*****d you'd have to be after the success he has built consistently over the last 6 years. Hope you get Levein as your next manager. 

If you aren’t willing to press your opponent, tackle your opponent and at the right times foul your opponent to stop dangerous situations arising then you shouldn’t be playing at this level.

Based on today that means we need a completely new team.

it was alike b(h)oys against girls such was the difference physically and mentally.

2 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

Throwing McInnes under the bus because you are 2 points off 3rd place after 10 games? What a dour ungrateful b*****d you'd have to be after the success he has built consistently over the last 6 years. Hope you get Levein as your next manager. 

What a lazy response 

I’m just glad you beat us in the cup so you take the pasting off Sevco instead of us 

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

What a lazy response 

I’m just glad you beat us in the cup so you take the pasting off Sevco instead of us 

No this is a lazy response ʌʌʌʌ

Explain precisely how you aren't ungrateful considering his excellent record over such a long period of time? 

2 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

No this is a lazy response ʌʌʌʌ

Explain precisely how you aren't ungrateful considering his excellent record over such a long period of time? 

It’s something that’s been discussed and gone over in this thread various times, feel free to look back at the last dozen pages or so

Essentially, we’ve been slowly regressing under McInnes the last 12-18 months, the football is negative, poor to watch, recruitment patchy and some smaller teams are catching up with us while we stand still 

McInnes has had poor spells before but there’s usually been a general belief amongst the fan base we can push the OF and challenge for silverware 

We are miles away from that mindset at the moment 

We’ve become a weak, predictable team who get found out in big games far too much, particularly against Celtic who must love playing against us 

14 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

It’s something that’s been discussed and gone over in this thread various times, feel free to look back at the last dozen pages or so

Essentially, we’ve been slowly regressing under McInnes the last 12-18 months, the football is negative, poor to watch, recruitment patchy and some smaller teams are catching up with us while we stand still 

McInnes has had poor spells before but there’s usually been a general belief amongst the fan base we can push the OF and challenge for silverware 

We are miles away from that mindset at the moment 

We’ve become a weak, predictable team who get found out in big games far too much, particularly against Celtic who must love playing against us 

He's a hearts fan. Don't think he'll be able to empathise with one man being bullet proof in the boards eyes whilst there's been a clear long term regression on the pitch and in the recruitment side of things.

6 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

But - Levein had you in a cup final and now a semi final- surely with this level of success you can’t wish him to leave and join another club?