The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 minutes ago, A96 said:

With all due respect , I think you’re talking pish there , min

Nope, he's right. Certainly within Scotland anyway. If released outwith a window you can't sign for another club until the next window opens, hence the flurry of releases by clubs on deadline day.

Hi Dons fans. Have written a bit on McInnes and the Dons here in this piece, hopefully you don't all shoot me down, it's just my humble opinion from afar. Let me know what you think? 
https://jaygolds.wordpress.com/2019/09/03/able-accies-hopeless-hearts/

Agree with most of the sentiment on him. I am not anti him at all and too early to judge this team yet, I think we could be fine.

However, on your point about being top 6. If we miss out on Europe and do anything silly in the cups that unrest would get nasty quickly.

9 minutes ago, JamieG said:

Hi Dons fans. Have written a bit on McInnes and the Dons here in this piece, hopefully you don't all shoot me down, it's just my humble opinion from afar. Let me know what you think? 

What you have written is rational, therefore has no place whatsoever on a football fans forum.

7 minutes ago, JamieG said:

Fair enough piece to be honest.

The main issue for a lot of fans is Derek seems to be getting more cautious as the years go by. Killie weren't exactly in top form and we played out a terrible 0-0 draw. Derek then complained about some of the players in the press and said he felt too many of them were happy to accept a 0-0 draw. They didn't play any different to the previous three or four games. His tactics are often the issue but he fails to address it.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Fair enough piece to be honest.

The main issue for a lot of fans is Derek seems to be getting more cautious as the years go by. Killie weren't exactly in top form and we played out a terrible 0-0 draw. Derek then complained about some of the players in the press and said he felt too many of them were happy to accept a 0-0 draw. They didn't play any different to the previous three or four games. His tactics are often the issue but he fails to address it.

Managing professional footballers is a very difficult job (particularly when there is high fan expectation) but I think Derek McInnes has done really well at Aberdeen.

1 minute ago, The_Judge said:

Managing professional footballers is a very difficult job (particularly when there is high fan expectation) but I think Derek McInnes has done really well at Aberdeen.

I think he has done a very good job. Fans are quick to complain Killie finished ahead of us alst season whilst also ignoring the fact we finished above the new Rangers twice after they were promoted. Their budget dwarfs ours.

2 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

He has done a very good job, I find some of the stuff said about him mental. Everything has a shelf life obviously but I don't think we're there yet at all.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He has done a very good job, I find some of the stuff said about him mental. Everything has a shelf life obviously but I don't think we're there yet at all.

He absolutely deserves some of the hassle but a lot of it is nonsense. Especially the nonsense about not having a go against the OF.

Pretty much spot on mate.

Enjoyed the piece on Accies as well.

Not everyone has a shelf life. Fergie for example. I just think people are getting bored of stability. I see people on twitter romanticising about Scott Vernon and Lee Miller, while bemoaning the fact that Sam Cosgrove is up top. While Verno and Miller were very likeable players and had success here, neither of them scored over 20 in a season for the Dons, neither ever looked as good as Big Sam does now. They say McInnes has hit a ceiling, but the truth is probably that Aberdeen have hit a ceiling. We can't realistically ask for much more. 

35 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Not everyone has a shelf life. Fergie for example. I just think people are getting bored of stability. I see people on twitter romanticising about Scott Vernon and Lee Miller, while bemoaning the fact that Sam Cosgrove is up top. While Verno and Miller were very likeable players and had success here, neither of them scored over 20 in a season for the Dons, neither ever looked as good as Big Sam does now. They say McInnes has hit a ceiling, but the truth is probably that Aberdeen have hit a ceiling. We can't realistically ask for much more. 

Well he's not Fergie, his time will come. And it could well come for him, not us. He does love the job but he doesn't want to be here forever.

But you're absolutely right, plenty fans don't appreciate stability, it happens at every club to be fair. 'Progress' is mentioned a lot, not that we can't progress in cups and Europe etc, football isn't some sort of linear trajectory upwards, you're far more likely to fall on your face than maintain a lofty position, let alone continue to just keep growing. He doesn't get the credit for that he deserves. I don't think everything is wonderful, but I'd say he's meeting his objectives in general consistently over a long period of time whilst losing big players most years.

Cue someone calling me a happy clapper and 'loser mentality'.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Well he's not Fergie, his time will come. And it could well come for him, not us. He does love the job but he doesn't want to be here forever.

But you're absolutely right, plenty fans don't appreciate stability, it happens at every club to be fair. 'Progress' is mentioned a lot, not that we can't progress in cups and Europe etc, football isn't some sort of linear trajectory upwards, you're far more likely to fall on your face than maintain a lofty position, let alone continue to just keep growing. He doesn't get the credit for that he deserves. I don't think everything is wonderful, but I'd say he's meeting his objectives in general consistently over a long period of time whilst losing big players most years.

Cue someone calling me a happy clapper and 'loser mentality'.

I almost certainly have a loser mentality. It's why I'm sat on my sofa with a can playing Fifa at midnight on a school night, and not making fat stacks in banking. I laaav it. Enjoy the small pleasures.

7 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

I almost certainly have a loser mentality. It's why I'm sat on my sofa with a can playing Fifa at midnight on a school night, and not making fat stacks in banking. I laaav it. Enjoy the small pleasures.

Of course you do, you're a weegie

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

How did it take him months ? It looks like a 6 year old could put that together before bed.

You're not Andy Reid are you ? 😂