The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Our chairman has apparently confirmed we've paid a "severance fee" for May, whatever that means, but it sounds like you've not had to pay him anything yourself.

3 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2019/08/29/stevie-may-departs-pittodrie/?fbclid=IwAR1lnLHW5xL36WjiWiZoe3R7EwdfIYToQ9AETsfEir2XQAe18pRrX7GFCLo

May officially gone. 

McInnes needs to take a fucking long hard look at himself with this shite. May was never a winger or lone striker and trying to play him as one was idiocy. 

Letting him go with less than two days of the window remaining and seemingly no replacement lined up is just stupid. Bet the rest of the support are creaming themselves with excitement at the prospect of Curtis Main up front this season 🙃

The transfer window closes on Monday.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2019/08/29/stevie-may-departs-pittodrie/?fbclid=IwAR1lnLHW5xL36WjiWiZoe3R7EwdfIYToQ9AETsfEir2XQAe18pRrX7GFCLo

May officially gone. 
McInnes needs to take a fucking long hard look at himself with this shite. May was never a winger or lone striker and trying to play him as one was idiocy. 
Letting him go with less than two days of the window remaining and seemingly no replacement lined up is just stupid. Bet the rest of the support are creaming themselves with excitement at the prospect of Curtis Main up front this season [emoji854]

You’re talking shite, sorry.

Stevie may leaving has clearly been planned all summer so it’s not like this is a shock move.may hasn’t been good for us, it could’ve gone better but that’s on him the same way it’s on mcinnes. We part ways and move on, nothing more, nothing less.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Stevie may leaving has clearly been planned all summer so it’s not like this is a shock move.may hasn’t been good for us, it could’ve gone better but that’s on him the same way it’s on mcinnes. We part ways and move on, nothing more, nothing less.

Reports were May was told he could leave in June, fwiw.

Assume Main was the replacement, or maybe even Anderson.

Reports were May was told he could leave in June, fwiw.
Assume Main was the replacement, or maybe even Anderson.

Wouldn’t surprise me. It’s been clear for a long time that may leaving was part of the plan for this transfer window. Said it on your thread, it’s just the best thing for all parties.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me. It’s been clear for a long time that may leaving was part of the plan for this transfer window. Said it on your thread, it’s just the best thing for all parties.

Just media saying it, no idea how much trust you put in them.

Our chairman has confirmed the deal initially broke down to his agent, who refused to file the paperwork at the last moment and tried to get more money out of both Saints and Aberdeen.

Don't know exact details but he's also apparently said we've paid half of the severance deal you had agreed with May, to get the deal done.

As much as it fustrates me to think that we've just replaced a hard working decently skilled May with Main (the less the said about his skills etc.), I feel like both will score similar amounts of goals at Aberdeen, but crucially Main will be paid considerably less for it.
Weird to think that May was probably the most exciting and most hyped up signing the clubs had for a while yet all he'll be remembered for was his effort...
Sadly he's the definition of a flop and whats worse is I think he'll score goals at St. Johnstone and make us feel terrible about the whole thing.

What this says to me is that Derek, for all his blustering about players having the mindset to win every game doesn’t
1. Actually have that mindset
2. Given attacking players to do so can’t actually play them as attacking players.

Mirror, mirror del......

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Surprised how quiet it’s been. Didn’t necessarily expect anyone coming in but was sure some people would have been loaned out or Gleason finally getting punted.

Can punt Gleeson anytime, doesn't need to be in the window. I'd expect we're doing the "decent" thing and letting him recover frrom injury before binning him. Makes no odds to us, we'll have to pay off him anyway.

7 hours ago, actonsheep said:

Can punt Gleeson anytime, doesn't need to be in the window. I'd expect we're doing the "decent" thing and letting him recover frrom injury before binning him. Makes no odds to us, we'll have to pay off him anyway.

If Gleeson is released now he cannot sign for anyone else until January so would expect him to be at club until at least then.

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 00:25, TheDon99 said:

As much as it fustrates me to think that we've just replaced a hard working decently skilled May with Main (the less the said about his skills etc.), I feel like both will score similar amounts of goals at Aberdeen, but crucially Main will be paid considerably less for it.
Weird to think that May was probably the most exciting and most hyped up signing the clubs had for a while yet all he'll be remembered for was his effort...
Sadly he's the definition of a flop and whats worse is I think he'll score goals at St. Johnstone and make us feel terrible about the whole thing.

He's a great example of how players aren't simply good or bad.  They react differently to managers, team mates, systems, home life.  I was delighted when St Johnstone appeared to have found a young player with real talent and hoped he'd re-discover it at Aberdeen.   I now hope he can give Saints fans something to smile about.

He's a great example of how players aren't simply good or bad.  They react differently to managers, team mates, systems, home life.  I was delighted when St Johnstone appeared to have found a young player with real talent and hoped he'd re-discover it at Aberdeen.   I now hope he can give Saints fans something to smile about.

Well no, some players are simply bad. Jerel Ifil for example...

16 hours ago, Jute said:

If Gleeson is released now he cannot sign for anyone else until January so would expect him to be at club until at least then.

With all due respect , I think you’re talking pish there , min