The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Through out they seasons we had a mix of no rangers, Dundee United, hearts, hibs. Then last year a decent rangers and we finished 3rd with a baw hair. So I think “ utter consistency “ is a bit of a stretch more like a perfect storm

3rd?

And there’s still “no Rangers”. They’re deid.

Through out they seasons we had a mix of no rangers, Dundee United, hearts, hibs. Then last year a decent rangers and we finished 3rd with a baw hair. So I think “ utter consistency “ is a bit of a stretch more like a perfect storm
We've had a "mix of no Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, or Dundee United" because they weren't managed as well as we've been in recent years..Hence why they've disintegrated or been relegated. Around 2012/13 aside from the Jambos financial problems I would say us, the Edinburgh clubs and United were in in similar positions...the difference being we've had management thats transformed the playing squad, kept hold of our best players and not ran at the first sign of a bigger paycheck. All while winning a trophy, reaching finals and finishing high enough in the league for european football five seasons in a row. Not to mention finishing above a club with 6x our budget for two years in a row. I'd class that as consistent.

4 minutes ago, gmcg94 said:

I just think some of the fans treating him like a messiah is a bit over the score. 

I think this might be your issue tbh. Not one person on this thread is treating him as the 'messiah' or anything close to that. Pretty much every regular poster on this thread this season has had regular criticisms and complaints about him. The only 'over the score' comments here have been yours ramping up how much you think he has failed every time you post, you started off quite reasonable but trying to downplay winning trophies and regularly finishing second is a bit silly. People calling you out on this doesn't equal being part of the 'McInnes can do no wrong' brigade.

22 minutes ago, gmcg94 said:

Naebidy fae aiberdeen wid use "baw"  

Yi sure yir een o' us like?

1950180737_giphy(27).gif.7f8ba4f43c2ea2d0ac30ad138242a3c8.gif

😉

We've had a "mix of no Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, or Dundee United" because they weren't managed as well as we've been in recent years..Hence why they've disintegrated or been relegated. Around 2012/13 aside from the Jambos financial problems I would say us, the Edinburgh clubs and United were in in similar positions...the difference being we've had management thats transformed the playing squad, kept hold of our best players and not ran at the first sign of a bigger paycheck. All while winning a trophy, reaching finals and finishing high enough in the league for european football five seasons in a row. Not to mention finishing above a club with 6x our budget for two years in a row. I'd class that as consistent.

Regardless if they where mismanaged or not they where still not in the same division or really weak so we never had a proper challenge for the coveted second place

34 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Hopefully a good signing for either club.

I expected McInness to get another 2nd place last season given his previous record.

I think he will restore 2nd place this season as I can’t see past Celtic winning it again.

Fingers crossed. Not really been impressed with the Deadco signings. I expect Celtic to finish further ahead than they did this season. 

Just now, gmcg94 said:

Regardless if they where mismanaged or not they where still not in the same division or really weak so we never had a proper challenge for the coveted second place

So we didn't have a proper challenge when the **** were able to sign our captain away on 5 times his wage?

Just.
Fucking.
Wow.

They do but going for someone a left field.

Look at our last gaffers in the last 15 years - mcinnes, Mcghee, calderwood, Brown
The same old guff regurgitated. Del has done us well but time for a change lads

Yeah, that’s really worked for them, hasn’t it?

Not always I’m not saying that. Heckinbottom looking good for them. But they have gave it a go unlike us, scared of change, scared to go a bit different. Let’s just play it safe that’s the Aberdeen mantra. Sick of it

And your solution to this is appointing the famously innovative and forward thinking Gordon Strachan?

A manager who has managed at top level in Scotland in prem

3 league titles, Scottish cups, league cups, 2 last 16 of champions league. International manager. Aye your right gees mcinnes anyday[emoji23]

I'm not someone who thinks the sky would necessarily fall in without McInnes; those who constantly invoke McGhee, for example, are usually being a bit daft. But if your best argument for changing a broadly successful and well liked manager basically comes down to boredom and because a worse team sacked their manager who took them to 8th place, it's probably best to rethink.