The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 minutes ago, A96 said:

If you’re speaking about the 4-2 defeat at Pittodrie last season , you must have been watching a different game to me. First half was fairly even  but the extremely fortunate penalty they got put a  flattering complexion on the halftime score for them. We battered them for pretty much the whole of the second half and it wasn’t until the last ten minutes or so that they threatened , and only in injury time that they scored

I'm not suggesting they deserved to win? I'm suggesting that every time we lost the ball they were a threat. When we sit back they very quickly run out of ideas.

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Does nobody just lose a game anymore? Seems like you can only win or bottle it (and draw I guess).

And results , especially bad ones, are  seemingly always down to the tactical ineptitude of the manager

This whole love in for del for finishing second is ridiculous, he can’t lay a glove on Celtic. He never gets his tactics right, dit’s back and invites pressure onto us. He is living off a league cup and a few second place finishes. Del has been great for us but giving him a new deal is the wrong call by Milne and co. There is also support for del from the cheerleaders because he turned down sevco. We will be lucky to finish 4th this year.

1 minute ago, gmcg94 said:

This whole love in for del for finishing second is ridiculous, he can’t lay a glove on Celtic. He never gets his tactics right, dit’s back and invites pressure onto us. He is living off a league cup and a few second place finishes. Del has been great for us but giving him a new deal is the wrong call by Milne and co. There is also support for del from the cheerleaders because he turned down sevco. We will be lucky to finish 4th this year.

Ok.

4 minutes ago, gmcg94 said:

Imagine a manager living off the successes he's had! Maybe we should freshen things up so we can finish 8th and 9th again every year?

Imagine a manager living off the successes he's had! Maybe we should freshen things up so we can finish 8th and 9th again every year?

The league cup win was 5 years ago I think we should let it go. Few second place finished should hardly mean he is untouchable

1 hour ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Over the moon at the extension purely for the joy of reading the twitter meltdown's of all the "f**k Milne, Kingsford, McInnes Et al." troglodytes.

11 minutes ago, gmcg94 said:

meant p&b obvs.

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Both clubs bids were accepted according to reports.

I would imagine financially both deals will be similar so now a straight competition between Heckingbottom and McInness.

Not too sure on the lad given the reports but sounds like he's a decent player.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Not too sure on the lad given the reports but sounds like he's a decent player.

Hopefully a good signing for either club.

I expected McInness to get another 2nd place last season given his previous record.

I think he will restore 2nd place this season as I can’t see past Celtic winning it again.

10 minutes ago, gmcg94 said:

I love your type of “support”. See these “few second place finishes”, it’s actually four in a row to be precise, they are achieved from four seasons of utter consistency. I’m not sure who people like you want to replace him, but you should be very, very careful what you wish for, because we would probably not be able to afford, or attract, Guardiola.

I love your type of “support”. See these “few second place finishes”, it’s actually four in a row to be precise, they are achieved from four seasons of utter consistency. I’m not sure who people like you want to replace him, but you should be very, very careful what you wish for, because we would probably not be able to afford, or attract, Guardiola.

Through out they seasons we had a mix of no rangers, Dundee United, hearts, hibs. Then last year a decent rangers and we finished 3rd with a baw hair. So I think “ utter consistency “ is a bit of a stretch more like a perfect storm

12 minutes ago, gmcg94 said:

The league cup win was 5 years ago I think we should let it go. Few second place finished should hardly mean he is untouchable

Out of interest, who do you want to replace him?

There are some managers doing such a disastrous job (McLeish with Scotland for example) that you just need to sack them and then worry about who their replacement is afterwards. Its pretty obvious that McInnes is not an example of this and if we're going to get rid it should be with a clear plan of who we are going to replace him with, someone who will be a clear improvement. Who do you think we could realistically attract to the role who would fit the bill?

Out of interest, who do you want to replace him?
There are some managers doing such a disastrous job (McLeish with Scotland for example) that you just need to sack them and then worry about who their replacement is afterwards. Its pretty obvious that McInnes is not an example of this and if we're going to get rid it should be with a clear plan of who we are going to replace him with, someone who will be a clear improvement. Who do you think we could realistically attract to the role who would fit the bill?

I understand that, and I’m not saying he has done a bad job ( maybe coming across a bit harsher than intended ) I said earlier he has done a good job considering the state we where in before he came. He has won us a trophy granted and the second place finishes have got us Europe and most of his signings have been on the money. I just think some of the fans treating him like a messiah is a bit over the score. I wouldn’t have gave him a new deal but I do agree we neee to have a clear plan. I think Gordon strachan ( I know he is at Dundee ) proper experienced manager and got a raw deal at the national side.

Have you thought about going to watch Hibs?
They like to freshen things up regularly, they’re the best footballing side on the planet, and you don’t have to worry about getting parked at Hampden.

Have you thought about going to watch Hibs?
They like to freshen things up regularly, they’re the best footballing side on the planet, and you don’t have to worry about getting parked at Hampden.

At least hibs have balls to make a call and try something new unlike us