The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I don't see the point in getting a keeper on loan unless the manager doesn't rate Rogers

We have the same amount of points as did at this stage last season. We need to get 30 points from the next 14 games to equal the points we got last season - tough ask. 

Edited by betting competition

I don't see the point in getting a keeper on loan unless the manager doesn't rate Rogers
We have the same amount of points as did at this stage last season. We need to get 30 points from the next 14 games to equal the points we got last season - tough ask. 

What if Rogers gets injured?

Alan Nixon reporting the Cosgrove bid on Twitter, which would suggest there is substance to it. Michael Grant said on the latest BTM podcast that McInnes had told him that he would ideally like to recruit a 'big striker' before the end of the window, too. 

Slightly concerning, however, that he only has one senior league goal to his name, going by Wikipedia. He had a loan spell at North Ferriby United in the National League last season, failing to score in fourteen appearances. 

I do think we would benefit from having a 'better Stockley', so to speak, especially for games away to Celtic and Rangers, but we'll just have to wait and see if anything comes of it, I suppose. 

Alan Nixon reporting the Cosgrove bid on Twitter, which would suggest there is substance to it. Michael Grant said on the latest BTM podcast that McInnes had told him that he would ideally like to recruit a 'big striker' before the end of the window, too. 
Slightly concerning, however, that he only has one senior league goal to his name, going by Wikipedia. He had a loan spell at North Ferriby United in the National League last season, failing to score in fourteen appearances. 
I do think we would benefit from having a 'better Stockley', so to speak, especially for games away to Celtic and Rangers, but we'll just have to wait and see if anything comes of it, I suppose. 

Definitely think we’re missing a “better Stockley” - would give us scope to pap Maynard off too.

As much as he was a liability, he’s still probably one of the least worst target men we’ve had in the last 10 years or so. Need to be careful we do t sign an utter lump who’s even worse - Tommy Wright, Andreas Velicka etc

I found it strange we sold Stockley, thought he was a decent enough player at Premiership level

Agree entirely. I thought he was a useful nuisance who chipped in with his fair share of goals considering he was almost always a sub.

17 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Definitely think we’re missing a “better Stockley” - would give us scope to pap Maynard off too.

As much as he was a liability, he’s still probably one of the least worst target men we’ve had in the last 10 years or so. Need to be careful we do t sign an utter lump who’s even worse - Tommy Wright, Andreas Velicka etc

Stockley definitely had his uses - and I'm sure he would have contributed more over the course of this season so far than, say, Maynard has. If I remember correctly, he also had a superior NPG90 to Rooney at the end of last season, too. I don't want to be too revisionist, mind, I still don't think he was a good player, but a decent option to bring off the bench at this level when he wasn't getting sent off. 

As you say, we have definitely had significantly worse, although I'd like to think that we could ideally also aim to recruit a better version.