The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Sevco, unfortunately, have started using their budget wisely.

Not for one minute suggesting a return to the boom and bust spending of the 90s, but I think now is perhaps the time to loosen the purse strings and strengthen the team.

Time to stand up and be counted.
I'm surprised that McInnes hasn't been given further backing in terms of budget after rejecting chance to move twice.

Sevco, unfortunately, have started using their budget wisely.

Not for one minute suggesting a return to the boom and bust spending of the 90s, but I think now is perhaps the time to loosen the purse strings and strengthen the team.

Time to stand up and be counted.

If we had a competent board then we’d be bringing in players now ahead of the Europa qualifiers. One of the few ways we can bridge the gap is by getting to the groups and if we’re serious about that we should have players bedded in before then, unlike last season. As it stands we’ll have Shinnie in midfield on his own. It doesn’t help that we’re now competing with Rangers, Hearts and Hibs for similar signings (Scottish players in England and players from lower down in the SPFL).

It’s the best chance we’ll have in a long time to win some silverware with only one decent team ahead of us but the board are happy to keep the seat warm for der h*n and sip from their loving cup, literally and metaphorically.

If we had a competent board then we’d be bringing in players now ahead of the Europa qualifiers. One of the few ways we can bridge the gap is by getting to the groups and if we’re serious about that we should have players bedded in before then, unlike last season. As it stands we’ll have Shinnie in midfield on his own. It doesn’t help that we’re now competing with Rangers, Hearts and Hibs for similar signings (Scottish players in England and players from lower down in the SPFL).

It’s the best chance we’ll have in a long time to win some silverware with only one decent team ahead of us but the board are happy to keep the seat warm for der h*n and sip from their loving cup, literally and metaphorically.

Very much so.

Although saying that, maybe that’s partly why we’re potentially looking at bringing in Devlin in now, despite him being injured till March.

I’d also hope we’re already talking to Shinnie about extending too. 18 months left.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The daily record (I know) reporting it to be about 80k

Well that doesn't sound too bad. I just assumed it would be the standard 200-300 grand that seems to always be quoted for these kinds of deals regardless of the player. Obviously the injury would have played a part in that.