The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Folks, I don't live in the city or the shire but I am a lifelong fan. Obviously I can't really get a feel even for how this will go living 100 miles away.
I read the P&J but it's the teuchter edition so I don't read it all.
Slightly concerned the last few posts are already posting about other options?
What's the gut feeling from fans in the area as to how this will pan out? Not as regards the moving from Pittodrie but as to how the planning folk will actually decide?

Cheers Northern Lights. Perhaps something the club could update for the modern age and re-release to convince the nay sayers.

The Gray's Timber Yard was offered at cost price not inflated housing market price. The gas tank area could have been purchased at the same time.
Instead we have been promised various shit locations on multiple occasions.
Redevelop Pittodrie and play in Dundee for a year [emoji16]
If it means I keep my cracking view fae the South I'll be happy

8 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

With the oil industry on the downward trajectory, is it not possible that brownfield sites closer to the city centre could become available in the near to medium term future? Not in the city anymore so this could be way wide of the mark

Fit you on about ...downturn .... Platoing is the word 

Since the vote on this is not until after the council elections we as dons fans should by any means possible let it be known that we will not vote for any candidate against the new ground.

this is something that matters to a lot of people regardless of which council ward they live in and we should make these candidates aware that Aberdeen football club means more to us than any political party.

17 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Personally I think the best location for a new stadium would be at the Harlaw Playing Fields. No idea who owns it, but if it's Harlaw academy surely a cheap purchase deal could be struck with free use of the facilities in return? Of course, the nimbys would be out in full force for that one as well!

Land right in the middle of the most expensive area of Aberdeen cheap? Good one!

Do you just expect Aberdeen Grammar Rugby team to get rid of their ground to make way for the football team too?

Edited by shootingboots

How have you ended up involved with two councils?

Are you building something that straddles the border?

Yes - stadium would sit more or less directly on City/Aberdeenshire council boundary.

Site sits 200m west of new AWPR junction - and closer to Westhill (in Aberdeenshire) where almost all of the objections to the application are coming from.

3 hours ago, shootingboots said:

Land right in the middle of the most expensive area of Aberdeen cheap? Good one!

Do you just expect Aberdeen Grammar Rugby team to get rid of their ground to make way for the football team too?

I'm sure they'd be delighted to have a brand new pitch with modern facilities at their disposal.

Folks, I don't live in the city or the shire but I am a lifelong fan. Obviously I can't really get a feel even for how this will go living 100 miles away.
I read the P&J but it's the teuchter edition so I don't read it all.
Slightly concerned the last few posts are already posting about other options?
What's the gut feeling from fans in the area as to how this will pan out? Not as regards the moving from Pittodrie but as to how the planning folk will actually decide?

I think it will get the go ahead. The nimbys are worried about views etc but there are business parks and a fucking massive Tesco in the middle of kingswells/westhill. Light pollution is another common complaint but the floodlights will not be on all the time, plus its 200 yards from the AWPR which I'm guessing will be fairly well lit, all the time.

People talking about redeveloping Pittodrie are forgetting about the contribution that the sale of Pittodrie will make to the new place and the dedicated training facilities are a major part of this development. It's all very well saying to redevelop Pittodrie, but where do we train. Main stand would probably need done first. If we were to develop the South Stand first, we lose probably almost half the capacity of the ground, maybe more as away fans would probably be housed in the Merkie. If we do main stand first we are losing the revenue from all the boxes and the hospitality suites.

As much as I'd love the Dons to stay there I just don't think it's practical in any way.

On 2/22/2017 at 23:46, Dubford don said:

Since the vote on this is not until after the council elections we as dons fans should by any means possible let it be known that we will not vote for any candidate against the new ground.

this is something that matters to a lot of people regardless of which council ward they live in and we should make these candidates aware that Aberdeen football club means more to us than any political party.

I asked one of my local SNP councilors about it via Twitter and just got a response from him saying they can't discuss such matters or voice an opinion on as it is a planning issue and is quasi-judicial.  The Aberdeen SNP Facebook page gave a similar response to someone else last night who asked the same question.  I'd assume that would mean you also couldn't stand in the council elections on a pro or anti-Kingsford platform.  The Aberdeen SNP page did state that Mark McDonald MSP is pro-Kingsford though.

The site is entirely within the bounds of Aberdeen City, but most of the objectors are in the Shire.

That's gotta be good news surely??

Trouble with planners is nobody can second guess these folk or work out how they reach decisions. Feedback is rarely good. Planning meetings for big projects should be available to watch online for the public. We pay for them after all.

From what I can gauge in the Aberdeen area a lot of it is possibly very political party orientated? I may well be wrong though and am happy to be corrected.

Up in the highlands though councillors either bend down or bend over ,and offer the appropriate orifice, to any developer who's willing to build any old shite but they'll torture a guy for having the wrong thickness of glass wool in on a 15k extension.