The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

It's too early to pass judgment, but I am pleased with our transfer activities since the end of last season. Relative to the 2 or 3 windows prior, we have carried out some very promising business in recent months.

Despite the "tooling up" talk, we do have limited resources and a difficult corporate back drop. To expect every perceived weakness in the team to be tackled in one window is fantasy stuff.

We have managed to shuffle the pack and addressed a number of areas. With a bit of flexibility, some luck with injuries and form, i would argue Deek has covered the bases pretty well.

Really don't want to get ahead of myself but this lad looks like a great signing. Great eye for a pass and looks like he can actually take set pieces which will help us. We should play him in front of Jack and Shinnie in the midfield.

Aye, his yootoob montage shows him pretty well - looks like he has a few tricks and some defence splitting talents. If he is a £6M player as reported by BBC, then Deek has played a blinder to get him here.

I expect it's Kenny McLean he will challenge in the number 10 slot. With Hayes back in training, we have some very positive looking options and competition in the attacking third. Hopefully Deek can figure out how to get them clicking and keep them all happy.

Another O'Connor would have been nice. But we have to assume that one from McLean & Storie will be able to fill in for Jack leaving O'Connor free to play at the heart of defence.

I would like to see shinnie at left back. He's good in midfield but brilliant at left back.

I'd go something like this

Lewis

Logan oconnor Reynoldsshinnie

Jack storie

Mcginn maddison Hayes

Rooney

With a bench of Taylor, mclean, burns, storey and Pawlett. It's a pretty strong side. Plenty options

Nice to get young Maddison in, but I don't think Shinnie will be moving out of central midfield anytime soon.

He's more mobile and attacking than O'Connor, and Reynolds appears to prefer Considine to his left sat in than Shinnie who gets forward far better.

At home, Shinnie in left back would work pretty well, helping break down negative teams.

I would like to see shinnie at left back. He's good in midfield but brilliant at left back.

I'd go something like this

Lewis

Logan oconnor Reynoldsshinnie

Jack storie

Mcginn maddison Hayes

Rooney

With a bench of Taylor, mclean, burns, storey and Pawlett. It's a pretty strong side. Plenty options

That's a very decent looking team and even leaves Stockley and Considine in the stand. Stockley looked really effective in the Euro games but seems to have faded domestically. I still think he has something to offer.

I'm fairly sure Deeks preference will be to stick with Andy at LB and Shinnie in midfield instead of Storie. Especially whilst Jack is injured.

Lewis        
        Alexander      

Logan   O'Connor   Taylor   Considine  
  Morris   McKenna   Reynolds      

Jack   Shinnie      
      McLean   Storie      

McGinn     Maddison   Hayes  
  Pawlett     Storey     Burns  

Rooney        
        Stockley        

A bit of depth there. 

The Rangers fans are genuinely angry about this on social media. Considering it isn't trolling but accurate it makes their reaction all the more bizarre.

Rangers fans let their club die. They know it, we know it, we all know it but they seem to like to pretend they didn't. It's as if they are trying really hard to pretend it didn't happen, if they say it enough times perhaps, maybe, just maybe, they will be able to convince themselves it didn't happen. But it did, and they know it did.

A year ago today we beat Celtic with 10 men to go two points clear with a game in hand, on our way to winning our all of our first 8 games.

We don't have anything like the form and feel good factor we had then. Massive three games coming up, there'll be a big fallout if we get a negative result in any of them imo.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, NorthernLights said:

Is Callum Morris a real person?  I'm starting to have my doubts.

Understandable question. I can confirm a sighting of Callum Morris playing for the under 20's last Tuesday against the Rangers at Peterhead. Yet to make the first team bench, if I am not mistaken. 

A year ago today we beat Celtic with 10 men to go two points clear with a game in hand, on our way to winning our all of our first 8 games.

We don't have anything like the form and feel good factor we had then. Massive three games coming up, there'll be a big fallout if we get a negative result in any of them imo.

That'll do I suppose.