The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Share a similar opinion with some who are a bit ho-hum about Cowie.

Pretty decent SPL player but not a stand out. One of those players who suddenly seemed to be good enough for an International call up when he left god's country to ply his trade in England. I'm sure Deek has forgotten more about the game than I ever knew but Storrie played quite well yesterday and Cammy Smith, IMO, is not used enough.

Share a similar opinion with some who are a bit ho-hum about Cowie.

Pretty decent SPL player but not a stand out. One of those players who suddenly seemed to be good enough for an International call up when he left god's country to ply his trade in England. I'm sure Deek has forgotten more about the game than I ever knew but Storrie played quite well yesterday and Cammy Smith, IMO, is not Good enough.

FTFY

Heard McInness on the radio going home saying he hopes to have another signing in before your next game who ever that's against?! Always said along you need a Draper type of player in that midfield but Storey done well tonight.

Heard McInness on the radio going home saying he hopes to have another signing in before your next game who ever that's against?! Always said along you need a Draper type of player in that midfield but Storey done well tonight.

Draper is a rumoured target for the Dons. Out of contract at the end of the season and as per usual we seem to have made no effort to sign our key players to new deals.

I see McInnes is again bemoaning the gulf in resources between Aberdeen and Celtic (fair point) but he doesn't feel that Aberdeen have a substantially bigger budget than other sides in the league (complete guff). Not having a go at the guy, I quite like him, but why does he seem to be somewhat hypocritical in his comments regarding differences in budgets of the other sides in the leagues? I know the gulf between Aberdeen and Celtic will be greater than say Aberdeen and ICT but there's still a gulf there that ICT can't even hope to compete with.

Yep Storie has taken his chance thus far. Whilst I understand putting him in against Celtic may not bode well, does putting a new signing in a key area of the pitch straight in against Celtic really sound much better? Unsure.

Agree with this, it's definitely a case that depends on the player we bring in and although we've done it before (Logan at the cup semi immediately spirngs to mind) I hope Storie keeps his place and starts against Celtic. You'd imagine if we were getting someone who would immediately start and slot into the side it would be someone with experience at this level or former first team at another premiership club.

At the very worst Storie could be subbed off if it turns out to be another game to soon for the player, but he's done very well over the last two games and should be pleased with himself.

I heard that too, said he thinks we will see a new face in the squad before Celtic game. Storey is a great prospect, thought he had a fine game last night. He is a young lad though and we can't rely on him playing 90 mins every week.

One thing I do love about our current management is the way they conduct their transfer dealings. Always done quietly and with minimum media fuss before it actually happens.

proper fan boy statement that Stan :P

Draper is a rumoured target for the Dons. Out of contract at the end of the season and as per usual we seem to have made no effort to sign our key players to new deals.

I see McInnes is again bemoaning the gulf in resources between Aberdeen and Celtic (fair point) but he doesn't feel that Aberdeen have a substantially bigger budget than other sides in the league (complete guff). Not having a go at the guy, I quite like him, but why does he seem to be somewhat hypocritical in his comments regarding differences in budgets of the other sides in the leagues? I know the gulf between Aberdeen and Celtic will be greater than say Aberdeen and ICT but there's still a gulf there that ICT can't even hope to compete with.

I get where your coming from there though I think McInnes is saying words to the effect that afc don't have anywhere near the same gulf over other teams in the league than Celtic have over afc. I don't think it's an unreasonable point but I don't really see the point in him discussing it. Most football fans know roughly what sort of financial weight their club punches at after all.

I have noticed draper as a player of potential interest before and he would certainly add some needed height to cm. How's his ball retention these days? That was always my issue with him.

I notice Jackson Irvine was meant to be benched again yesterday before Martin Wood got injured pre match. It does make me wonder if he might be coming the other way as part of the Quinn deal.

Of course AFC pay some players, McGinn/Rooney/Shinnie etc, more than other teams might afford but we also have other players like Robson that are on moderate wages that all the teams could afford

Edited by d31