The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

On 11/06/2020 at 12:11, AngusTheBull said:

Well done to young Ferguson. Well deserved, another excellent season from him.

Danny Rogers confirmed away as well, assuming this means Cerny will be staying another year. Pretty sure his contract has expired but Cormack mentioned him the other week as someone they were looking to retain.

McInnes out fans were complaining on twitter than Rogers didn't get a real go of it.

That's because they couple of games he did get bordered on a disaster. Mistakes in every game he played. Are you then going to drop Joe Lewis to see what he has?

Frank Ross away too but in talks with Cerny for new deal.

Youth players released:Goalkeeper Sam Jackson, defenders Luc Bollan and Lloyd Robertson, midfielders Sebastian Ross and Jack Chessor, wingers Sean Linden and Chris Antoniazzi and striker David Dangana

I think Leigh might be one of those players who has benefited in fans' imaginations from not playing. We see that quite often; a player not getting minutes due to injury or just being left out by a manager and fans gradually build that player up in their minds to be better than they are in reality. I wouldn't have been completely opposed to signing him permanently, but I didn't see much last season to suggest that he would be a big loss if he didn't return. 

10 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I think Leigh might be one of those players who has benefited in fans' imaginations from not playing. We see that quite often; a player not getting minutes due to injury or just being left out by a manager and fans gradually build that player up in their minds to be better than they are in reality. I wouldn't have been completely opposed to signing him permanently, but I didn't see much last season to suggest that he would be a big loss if he didn't return. 

Offers far more than Considine going forward and was solid enough at the back. If we don't have quick players out wife then we resort to the lump forward and the ball coming back quickly as we've not got enough men forward.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Offers far more than Considine going forward and was solid enough at the back. If we don't have quick players out wife then we resort to the lump forward and the ball coming back quickly as we've not got enough men forward.

I disagree about him being solid at the back - I thought he left too much space in behind and was beaten too easily. It sometimes felt like McKenna, or whoever was on the left of the centre-back pairing, was having to play two positions when Leigh was at left-back. Considine, for me, is a much better defender. I do agree that Leigh was a more powerful runner going forward, and that can be important, but I primarily want a full-back to be a good defender and I didn't think Leigh was that. 

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I disagree about him being solid at the back - I thought he left too much space in behind and was beaten too easily. It sometimes felt like McKenna, or whoever was on the left of the centre-back pairing, was having to play two positions when Leigh was at left-back. Considine, for me, is a much better defender. I do agree that Leigh was a more powerful runner going forward, and that can be important, but I primarily want a full-back to be a good defender and I didn't think Leigh was that. 

Considine and Logan as the full backs is a massive problem. Both lacking in pace. Considine may not be a bad option if Hernandez proves to be a speedy full back who can get us up the park though.

Considine and Logan as the full backs is a massive problem. Both lacking in pace. Considine may not be a bad option if Hernandez proves to be a speedy full back who can get us up the park though.
Can't agree with this enough. Considine was the ideal full back with hayes or in front of him and Logan on the other side when he was in his pomp. Alloedc logan to hel forward while he provided defensive stability

Was not a fan of Leigh as thought he was not that great defensively and we have better options in left midfield. As others have said surely we could get a left back who could  actually defend if we are paying a fee. 

Pretty much agree with all the releases.

Only one I feel some sympathy for is Frank Ross. Purely based on the timing of his injury when he was building up momentum trying to break into the first team. Who knows if he would have made it, just feel sorry that his chance was snatched by injury.

Even agree with letting Greg Leigh go possibly controversially. He was reasonable but only reasonable.

23 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

You think Logan lacks pace? That's one of his main attributes, his positioning is questionable but his pace usually gets him out of trouble. He has regressed enormously the last year or two though. 

Greg Leigh was very good in the middle of the park and played well for us at left back. I'm disappointed he has left and hope we can get him back at some point before the new season begins. Sell McKenna, sign Leigh and Hayes and source a centre back replacement.

Pleased to see Cerny looking likely to remain. Hopefully its for a few years.