The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

15 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I'm not sure I would say he's ready for the Premier League yet, but I think he has the potential to play there in the future. I think he would slot into most Championship teams, though. I'd imagine Campbell or McCann will probably beat him to that award, and they are both good players, but, with the caveat that I am biased, I think he's the best central midfielder in the league outside the Old Firm at the moment. 

He was excellent against burnley in only his 2nd or 3rd appearance for the dons and scored an overhead kick. Burnley finished 5th that year I think, he'll probably play another year at least under mcinnes but if he was to move now hes definitely good enough to play in a middling premiership team.  Hes been one of our most consistent performers and has a bit of everything.

10 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

He was excellent against burnley in only his 2nd or 3rd appearance for the dons and scored an overhead kick. Burnley finished 5th that year I think, he'll probably play another year at least under mcinnes but if he was to move now hes definitely good enough to play in a middling premiership team.  Hes been one of our most consistent performers and has a bit of everything.

The only player we've had permanently under McInnes who has gone down to the Premier League and done a decent job has been McLean, who was better than Ferguson is now when he left, and even then he's playing for the worst team in the league and had a season in the Championship between times.

I really rate Ferguson, but he's not mid-table Premier League standard yet and there's no need for him to rush at this stage in his career - I think a sensible next move for him would be a good Championship team and see where he goes from there. 

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

The only player we've had permanently under McInnes who has gone down to the Premier League and done a decent job has been McLean, who was better than Ferguson is now when he left, and even then he's playing for the worst team in the league and had a season in the Championship between times.

I really rate Ferguson, but he's not mid-table Premier League standard yet and there's no need for him to rush at this stage in his career - I think a sensible next move for him would be a good Championship team and see where he goes from there. 

I want him to stay at least another year but we'll struggle t keep him if his form continues. I think the championship would show a lack of ambition tbh. Either way, hes with the Don's for now and we'll get a good fee whenever he does decide to move on. 👍

24 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I thought he flattered to deceive for most of season 19/20 although not having proper midfielders alongside him wouldn’t have helped him.

The likes of McCann and Campbell maybe had more eye-catching seasons individually, but I still think Ferguson is the best player of the three - and he probably has the highest ceiling. 

He definitely struggled when we tried to use him as a number 10. It's also true that playing with dross like Gallagher and Vyner around him won't have helped at times. He did have some excellent performances during the season, though; the one that comes to mind most being the 2-2 game against Rangers where he basically dominated their entire midfield on his own for about an hour and single-handedly dragged us back into a game where we looked dead and buried.

It's easy to forget his age, too. He's younger than Bruce Anderson, for example, but we have become accustomed to holding him to the standards of a seasoned professional because he usually plays like one. 

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Blaming the chopping a changing for Ferguson having a shite season? Oaft.

The boy gets found out regularly then lunges into dangerous tackles. Not a patch on Campbell or McCann imo.

Opinions, opinions, suspect we both know which one of them will go for the largest fee when the time comes😉

23 hours ago, DrewDon said:

The likes of McCann and Campbell maybe had more eye-catching seasons individually, but I still think Ferguson is the best player of the three - and he probably has the highest ceiling. 

Based on, presumably, two games you've seen McCann play? When one of them he completely outshone Ferguson while playing in a worse team?

FWIW I really rate Ferguson, got the John McGinns about him in that he suffers due to a lack of quality around him, once hes in a better squad with better players, presumably down South, he'll move up a level and his true quality will shine through more regularly. 

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Based on, presumably, two games you've seen McCann play? When one of them he completely outshone Ferguson while playing in a worse team?

FWIW I really rate Ferguson, got the John McGinns about him in that he suffers due to a lack of quality around him, once hes in a better squad with better players, presumably down South, he'll move up a level and his true quality will shine through more regularly. 

^^^ another English football fanboy. 

Just now, tree house tam said:

^^^ another English football fanboy. 

*shrugs*

At Aberdeen hes feeding balls through defences for Sam Cosgrove. If he gets an EPL side then he'll likely have a striker in front of him who can actually run.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

English football is over rated pish. 

Ferguson,  EPL? :lol: :lol:

I can see you're really determined to make a point Tam, so I'll leave this here.

23 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Blaming the chopping a changing for Ferguson having a shite season? Oaft.

The boy gets found out regularly then lunges into dangerous tackles. Not a patch on Campbell or McCann imo.

Found out? Strange comment.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Found out? Strange comment.

It's these Aberdeen obsessed fermer lunatics. 

Even when there's feck all football, they're still on here with their uninformed pish. 

'Ferguson feeding balls through defences' is shorthand for 'I really don't have a clue about the player but I hate Aberdeen so I think I'll get a petty dig in'. 

Likewise this wanking over McCann. A player that 90% of Scottish football fans couldn't name or pick out...for the reason that he's nothing special, and plays for a bang average bottom 6 team. 

Mad cow disease got to these nutcases long before covid-19 hit the streets.