The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, McGarci said:

where is the last time when aberdeen finished  in europe for 3 or 4 seasons in a row?? (moreover losing key players every seaoson)

maybe mcinness isnt so bad, or not?

We have so far qualified for Europe in all six (6) of McInnes' full seasons in charge.

Prior to that, it was the fifteen (15) seasons between 1977/78 and 1991/92.

I used to take Europe for a granted as a youngster - now every year we qualify I bless the fact that I can have that wee spell of checking coefficients, seedings and obscure potential journeys to up country Armenia and the likes.

.....but hey, the season's apparently over if you're knocked out of the Scottish Cup.

Edited by tarapoa

I see the RDS upper deck will be shut next season for most games. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51830824

Should demand require it will be opened for those games.  Seems quite reasonable.  

Of course you get the usual thick as pig shit types or trolls on social media who are like "lol can't sell out", "lol y you want to build a new stadium" and "y no give away tickets to kids and/or make tickets cheaper".

1 minute ago, NorthernLights said:

I see the RDS upper deck will be shut next season for most games. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51830824

Should demand require it will be opened for those games.  Seems quite reasonable.  

Of course you get the usual thick as pig shit types or trolls on social media who are like "lol can't sell out", "lol y you want to build a new stadium" and "y no give away tickets to kids and/or make tickets cheaper".

They did this previously and it was the correct decision.

It'll also force more towards the red shed.

11 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Pricing all wrong for the red shed. 

Other than that, I can only say positive things about where we're going in terms of fan engagement.

I’m aware there’s no under 12s price in the Merkland, what else do you think is wrong with the pricing? 

30 minutes ago, big al said:

I’m aware there’s no under 12s price in the Merkland, what else do you think is wrong with the pricing? 

I feel £330 for an adult is far too high considering it is the worst view in the stadium and possesses the worst facilities.

Even the prices for the younger demographic of people is too high. 

Edited by Irrational Behaviour

16 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

I feel £330 for an adult is far too high considering it is the worst view in the stadium and possesses the worst facilities.

Is that not the price for a season ticket in the Merkland anyway?

Edit: Just checked and that's what I paid.

Edited by Merkland Red

1 hour ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Works out well Under 20 quid a game for a season? Dont see how that can be far too high for a team chasing a european spot every year.

You aren't going to encouage new or lapsed fans to take up a season ticket when the prices are the same as the previous year. 

It was stated that most of the Red Shed attendees at Dumbarton or Kilmarnock weren't season ticket holders. £250 would have been a fair price to encourage an new intake of season ticket holders.

Great idea from Cormack. I had been hoping we’d do this for a while now.

One of the problems at Pittodrie is that you can pretty much always get a ticket if you want one - a couple of lockouts at a more atmospheric ground may encourage a few more of our fickle fkers to get along or even buy a season ticket.

I think that this is a really good move  by Aberdeen, so long as they keep the option to open the Upper RDS as a possibility. We have only had one crowd bigger than the capacity with the Upper RDS this season, Hearts at home. Regardless of the Red Shed initiative, the atmosphere will/should improve with everyone on the lower levels of the ground.  We've already had Steven Thompson (who I like) and Neil McCann (worthless as a pundit) ridiculing the move on Sportsound, and coming out with the statement "what is the point of building a new stadium with a 20,000 capacity when they've had to cut the capacity of the existing ground to under 16,000." Well, you would hope that if the football and results improve more people will turn up to the bigger matches. 

48 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I think that this is a really good move  by Aberdeen, so long as they keep the option to open the Upper RDS as a possibility. We have only had one crowd bigger than the capacity with the Upper RDS this season, Hearts at home. Regardless of the Red Shed initiative, the atmosphere will/should improve with everyone on the lower levels of the ground.  We've already had Steven Thompson (who I like) and Neil McCann (worthless as a pundit) ridiculing the move on Sportsound, and coming out with the statement "what is the point of building a new stadium with a 20,000 capacity when they've had to cut the capacity of the existing ground to under 16,000." Well, you would hope that if the football and results improve more people will turn up to the bigger matches. 

The club have explained why they've made the move but I doubt either took the time to research.