The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Hedges, Ojo and Leigh are all good players. Injuries have effected two of the three. Hedges clearly has the ability and I think he could potentially gone on to do very well for the club. I'd like to see him play as an attacking midfielder.

Clearly we are trying to offload Main, Wilson (gone), Gleeson and Vyner has left the club. Vyner did ok but nothing special. 

McGeough and Kennedy replace two of those mentioned above. Taylor Moore is apparently joining tomorrow on loan as Vyner's replacement. He has had a few first team appearances which is promising. Someone on AFC chat is claiming Johnny Russel will be joining us on loan till the end of the season. Would be one hell of a signing if true. Especially if Main leaves and he's replacing him. I'd be delighted with the transfer window if this were to be the case.

Probably just wishful thinking and unrealistic expectations from me.

Wouldn't believe almost anything on the hat. Most of it is just made up shite to wind each other up.

In the unlikely event it’s not just trolling crap I’m not sure why Kansas would let Russell go, think he's the main man for them up front unless they've signed someone else recently. So does seem very unlikely.

Edited by Rodhull

3 hours ago, HunterAFC said:

What was the name of the "player" we signed who made maybe two appearances but whose Dad was an agent who facilitated a couple of transfers for us?

3 hours ago, d31 said:

Myles Anderson

3 hours ago, d31 said:

Was Sammy Stewart not also part of some carve up? Also Scott Calderwoods scouting network. 

Us signing Wilson doesn't smell like those though. He already had a bit of rep down south and if he had turned it on for us he could have been lucrative, like kamara at the filthy ****. 

I thought he contributed well enough when he played this season but he's the clichéd mercurial type. McInnes wants players who impose themselves on games. Wilson didn't. 

I think he's better than league 2 but that tribute act might be on the up. 

Seems like win win

Not once did I hear Wilson say he wanted to bang the goals in and be success here .. only words I heard him say    Was it’s a nice city and the lads are great .. This was  a Holiday for him .. he might come good but just now he’s got no passion or ambition to work hard and improve . Made his Money already and he’s done f**k all.  Rather give Anderson plenty. opportunities than this signings .. hopefully Main is next .  Big few hours for Derek coming up see what it brings .  . 

Not once did I hear Wilson say he wanted to bang the goals in and be success here .. only words I heard him say    Was it’s a nice city and the lads are great .. This was  a Holiday for him .. he might come good but just now he’s got no passion or ambition to work hard and improve . Made his Money already and he’s done f**k all.  Rather give Anderson plenty. opportunities than this signings .. hopefully Main is next .  Big few hours for Derek coming up see what it brings .  . 

That’s a lot of conclusions you’ve drawn about Wilson based on a very specific thing he didn’t say in an interview.

What I don't get about Wilson is that we had him on loan before the signing was made permanent... did DM not know of his workshy character by then?

Yes he would. If he was actually workshy, he wouldn’t have been back.

It hasn’t worked out, Salford is home for him so hopefully he can kick on there.

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That’s a lot of conclusions you’ve drawn about Wilson based on a very specific thing he didn’t say in an interview.

Think when you sign a player like him you want to hear him say he is dying get on the pitch to bang goals in . Let’s  nae be silly the majority games he played his head was somewhere else.  . Wishing him  well ?  nah give that miss . There other wee. stories up here about him but it’s the past he’s gone and he will be quickly forgotten.  

48 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:

Think when you sign a player like him you want to hear him say he is dying get on the pitch to bang goals in . Let’s  nae be silly the majority games he played his head was somewhere else.  . Wishing him  well ?  nah give that miss . There other wee. stories up here about him but it’s the past he’s gone and he will be quickly forgotten.  

Can't say it really bothers me what he says in interviews.

No reason to judge the man off the back of on pitch performances. He wasn't good enough, we move on.

Yes he would. If he was actually workshy, he wouldn’t have been back.

It hasn’t worked out, Salford is home for him so hopefully he can kick on there.
Compared to what DM wants in a winger (Hayes and McGinn), Wilson was work shy. However Wilson was like most wingers, loved going forward and not defending. That's life for most wingers. Wilson was a pretty dreadful signing and last summer is looking a very poor one...again. Russ Richardson isn't producing anymore.

10 hours ago, Vancouver_Don said:

Hedges, Ojo and Leigh are all good players. Injuries have effected two of the three. Hedges clearly has the ability and I think he could potentially gone on to do very well for the club. I'd like to see him play as an attacking midfielder.

Clearly we are trying to offload Main, Wilson (gone), Gleeson and Vyner has left the club. Vyner did ok but nothing special. 

McGeough and Kennedy replace two of those mentioned above. Taylor Moore is apparently joining tomorrow on loan as Vyner's replacement. He has had a few first team appearances which is promising. Someone on AFC chat is claiming Johnny Russel will be joining us on loan till the end of the season. Would be one hell of a signing if true. Especially if Main leaves and he's replacing him. I'd be delighted with the transfer window if this were to be the case.

Probably just wishful thinking and unrealistic expectations from me.

Where you seeing that about Taylor Moore? From what I saw he is mentioned in the story about Vyner returning but just mentions Taylor Moore to go out on loan to get some game time.

Russell won't be signing. That rumour is on the hat every January window.

21 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Where you seeing that about Taylor Moore? From what I saw he is mentioned in the story about Vyner returning but just mentions Taylor Moore to go out on loan to get some game time.

Russell won't be signing. That rumour is on the hat every January window.

Think the Taylor Moore stuff is another Hat special. Local journalist that broke the original Vyner deal is saying Moore is going to league one.