The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

34 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

I live in Carlisle and through work, I have gotten to know two people who are heavily involved at the club. 

Interestingly, this sell on clause for Cosgrove isn't the one that's most financially rewarding for the club. 

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/18192804.former-carlisle-utd-striker-subject-growing-transfer-speculation/

This article would seem to back this point up

Lost for words if this is true.

Fair enough, guess we'll have to wait and see if he just means the solidarity payment or an actual clause.

Maybe I'm just too positive but Carlisle board rep trying to save face at a fan meeting by exaggerating the truth feels more likely than us outright lying for no real reason.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

do tell

As per Rod Hulls post, lots of slavering.

Saw someone else claiming we should have taken Aston Villa's offer for McKenna. You know, that offer which was a loan until January 2019 with an option to buy if he impressed.

Can you imagine the reaction online if we'd taken that!

As per Rod Hulls post, lots of slavering.
Saw someone else claiming we should have taken Aston Villa's offer for McKenna. You know, that offer which was a loan until January 2019 with an option to buy if he impressed.
Can you imagine the reaction online if we'd taken that!

The club seems to have naively underestimated the number of mouth breathers who would interpret a quote of doc calling criticism disrespectful without giving any context as a dig at the fans.

I’ll listen later to see what he actually said but as with 99.9% of anything said in a pre match press conference it’ll most likely be totally innocuous.

58 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The club seems to have naively underestimated the number of mouth breathers who would interpret a quote of doc calling criticism disrespectful without giving any context as a dig at the fans.

I’ll listen later to see what he actually said but as with 99.9% of anything said in a pre match press conference it’ll most likely be totally innocuous.

"Do you like being told to get f**k and getting called a c**t".

Edited by Merkland Red

"Do you like being told to get f**k and getting called a c**t".

Tony, it’s been said that you and derek are fucking clueless and should’ve fucked off to rangers when you had the chance, you pair of despicable *** c***s, do you think that’s fair?

See the paddock sold out for cup game again.  It’s one  positive of this season is that it looks like we will have permanent proper home end for next season. Can see this unallocated seating catching on with other clubs . It’s game changer for us regards atmosphere . Aye the fitba  has to improve but cormack is getting things right so far with the fans . . Can see the paddock being a sell out with season tickets next season. .  Should be cracking atmosphere week on sat .  .for Derek he will be praying his players turn up or it could  get ugly . But I’m sure it will great afternoon 😊. Looking forward to it .  

I have no idea why folk are getting their knickers in a twist about a sell on clause in Cosgrove’s contract. I would imagine, regardless of any fee, that almost every player will have a sell on clause written into their contract. The selling club would not be doing their job if they didn’t insist on it. However, I certainly hope that it isn’t 30%.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I have no idea why folk are getting their knickers in a twist about a sell on clause in Cosgrove’s contract. I would imagine, regardless of any fee, that almost every player will have a sell on clause written into their contract. The selling club would not be doing their job if they didn’t insist on it. However, I certainly hope that it isn’t 30%.

Because Aberdeen already had the player signed on a pre-contract that wouldn't have had any such clause. Carlisle were the club that pushed to bring the deal forward so Aberdeen allowing a clause like that to be added would be remarkably dumb.

Obviously noone would have expected Cosgrove to progress the way he has but even so.

3 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Because Aberdeen already had the player signed on a pre-contract that wouldn't have had any such clause. Carlisle were the club that pushed to bring the deal forward so Aberdeen allowing a clause like that to be added would be remarkably dumb.

Obviously noone would have expected Cosgrove to progress the way he has but even so.

Why would it be “remarkedly dumb”? If it was the other way round you would be claiming that it was “remarkedly dumb” if Aberdeen didn’t want a clause in if we were selling to Carlisle. It’s good normal business by Carlisle, if it is the case. Some people want to moan about anything to do with Aberdeen at the moment.

Did Aberdeen get a sell on added in from Norwich for Kenny McLean? Was that not a pre-contract where the buyer paid a nominal fee to complete (with an immediate loan back)?

If so, this seems relevant to your interests.

Edited by capt_oats

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Why would it be “remarkedly dumb”? If it was the other way round you would be claiming that it was “remarkedly dumb” if Aberdeen didn’t want a clause in if we were selling to Carlisle. It’s good normal business by Carlisle, if it is the case. Some people want to moan about anything to do with Aberdeen at the moment.

If it was the other way round why would I think it was dumb of Aberdeen? I'd think it was dumb of whatever club allowed a clause like that to be added when there was no reason for the buying side to allow it.

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Did Aberdeen get a sell on added in from Norwich for Kenny McLean? Was that not a pre-contract where the buyer paid a nominal fee to complete (with an immediate loan back)?

Was an immediate transfer with a loan back. Think we got 2-300k for him. No idea if we have a clause or not. Would be grand if we did, especially as we're getting nowt for Ryan Fraser.