The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

32 minutes ago, d31 said:

McGinn another who can be trusted more than Wilson, Main or Brucey

McGinn was an excellent lone striker in a pretty awful team. Even in McInnes' first season I always thought he looked like a striker being forced to play out wide rather than a natural winger. It wasn't until later that he adapted.

He's the best centre foward we've had in the last decade, and the fact that he only got used there for 1 season is insane. This is the hill I will die on.

What the hell is going on with Wilson anyway? He must be costing us a fortune to do f*ck all.

2 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

McGinn was an excellent lone striker in a pretty awful team. Even in McInnes' first season I always thought he looked like a striker being forced to play out wide rather than a natural winger. It wasn't until later that he adapted.

He's the best centre foward we've had in the last decade, and the fact that he only got used there for 1 season is insane. This is the hill I will die on.

What the hell is going on with Wilson anyway? He must be costing us a fortune to do f*ck all.

This. Exactly this.

8 hours ago, d31 said:

Sorry sweetie.

Joking aside McInnes does not trust any of those players. He'll bring in a replacement if Cosgrove is sold.

Ferguson is a random option if Bryson returns to his former self

It's what the fans want Derek. 

I can't see Ferguson playing striker. I agree that McInnes doesn't trust these players and I'd echo others shouts to play McGinn up front. He even did an interview last year about how much he loved playing as a striker. 

Playing hoofball to Cosgrove was acceptable when getting results, now we're playing shite and not winning. McInnes doesn't have a plan b, this may very well be his last season. 

McInnes has said there is no sell on.

Fifa have introduced in recent years a standard 5% sell on is a rule.

I'm hoping that is where the confusion is coming.

Some fans claiming its a 30% sell on which is hard to believe

Hmmm. So we paid £25k to have an untested young striker we had agreed a pre-contract with join us early and also offered them 30% of any future sale?

Imagine being Carlisle. Getting rid of this player who had done nothing in his time at the club and suddenly receiving £2m for him.

Yeah there’d be zero logic to Aberdeen allowing a clause like that to be added for a player they already had signed on a pre-contract. Carlisle also mentioned nothing of the clause when the deal was done, only that they got a bit more money. Just sounds like someone trying to save a bit of face well after the fact to me. Is a weird one though as one side is going to look bad after a deal is done either way.

25 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Imagine being Carlisle. Getting rid of this player who had done nothing in his time at the club and suddenly receiving £2m for him.

Why would you be handing Carlisle 100% of the transfer fee? 

You gave us a clause with a percentage of Kennedys next fee, and we've done the same with ICT and McCart.

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 hours ago, HunterAFC said:

Is there an actual source for that or just the usual social media nonsense? 

I live in Carlisle and through work, I have gotten to know two people who are heavily involved at the club. 

Interestingly, this sell on clause for Cosgrove isn't the one that's most financially rewarding for the club. 

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Kennedy is a known quantity.

Cosgrove was a punt from League Two. He was rarely featuring for Carlisle.

Was merely responding to folk who seem to think sell on clauses in these type of deals dont happen.