The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Seeing a few Carlisle fans claiming that They have up to 30% of a sell on clause for Cosgrove and that McInnes was mistaken in saying there wasn't one previously.

That would be an all time f**k up to put a clause in the deal like that considering he'd already signed a pre-contract.

Desperation on their part most likely.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

£3m for sam would probably be fair but I’d rather wait until the summer.

f**k fair.

He's on a 4 year deal right? if they want him and we don't want/need to sell; screw the c***s for every penny .

1 hour ago, EdTheDuck said:

Bite their fuckin hand off (if true)

You'd happily sell arguably our best asset for f**k all ?

48 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Also don't think we'll get the 5-8m sort of fees some people on social media seem to be hoping for.

Social media ... You seen some of the names mentioned by the SaCk McInNeS brigade a replacement? I bet 90% of those clowns download cheat codes for champ manager.

44 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

£3m for sam would probably be fair but I’d rather wait until the summer. Unlikely to replace him now and I’m not ready for us to be involved in the big relegation thread.

Folk who think Cosgrove is worth a million or multiples of really need to give themselves a shake. 

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

So why are Stoke seemingly willing to bid £2 million then?

Maybe i was over stating it a bit out of frustration with our form at present. I have seen people coming out with some crazy valuations though which i was (poorly) attempting to dismiss

32 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

No, for two million British Pounds

You must rate him then ?  Why not ask for 4 ?

23 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

So why are Stoke seemingly willing to bid £2 million then?

Probably because they are a professional football club who have scouted him and think he could add something to their squad.

(for @lemon benefit, not yours)

Edited by TommyDickFingers

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, EdTheDuck said:

I don't. Two million British Pounds is what Stoke (allegedly) have in mind. Personally I'd take it, no questions asked, in a heartbeat.

Cosgrove is the 2nd or 3rd  top scorer in the top flight of Scottish football this season. 

He's scored something like 40 goals in just over 13 months. That's pretty remarkable. And it's not just his goalscoring....his link up play and general all-round game has come on hugely and is being acknowledged by those in the game. 

How much do you think Rangers would sell Morelos for, or Celtic Edouard ? 

7 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Yeah the team looked a lot better once Ferguson dropped deep and Hedges came on further forward. I don't see him dropping Ferguson so guessing it must be one of the other two and considering he just signed Mcgeough Ojo does seem the more likely.

I don’t think Ojo is really needed against the more limited teams in the league like yesterday. I think he’s a better option in the bigger games when we need someone to pick a pass as I feel we keep the ball better under pressure when he is in the team.

I’ll be raging if we let Cosgrove go for £2m tbh. He’s our best striker (by quite a distance) and one of the best in the country, has 21 in 29 this season alone, is only 23 and still has 2.5 seasons (?) left on his contract. I think £3.5-5m would be more fair (I’d obviously like more but English clubs won’t/will rarely pay that for a non-OF* player in Scotland).

Edited by AngusTheBull

8 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Cosgrove is the 2nd or 3rd  top scorer in the top flight of Scottish football this season. 

He's scored something like 40 goals in just over 13 months. That's pretty remarkable. And it's not just his goalscoring....his link up play and general all-round game has come on hugely and is being acknowledged by those in the game. 

How much do you think Rangers would sell Morelos for, or Celtic Edouard ? 

So what? Our league is utter dross, it's the worst I can ever remember it being.  He won't score 40 goals in 13 months in the English Championship. More like 13 in 40 months...

English clubs, when dealing with the ugly sisters, have the erroneous mentality they are dealing with big players and will pay accordingly. Dealing with Aberdeen or any of The Rest they have the equally erroneous mentality they are dealing with cottage industry clubs.

Aberdeen can hold out for whatever they want, they won't get it.  Their choice is accept the couple of million or keep Cosgrove (and hope his form doesn't collapse) until he signs a pre-contract agreement and they get £150K

9 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

So what? Our league is utter dross, it's the worst I can ever remember it being.  He won't score 40 goals in 13 months in the English Championship. More like 13 in 40 months...

English clubs, when dealing with the ugly sisters, have the erroneous mentality they are dealing with big players and will pay accordingly. Dealing with Aberdeen or any of The Rest they have the equally erroneous mentality they are dealing with cottage industry clubs.

Aberdeen can hold out for whatever they want, they won't get it.  Their choice is accept the couple of million or keep Cosgrove (and hope his form doesn't collapse) until he signs a pre-contract agreement and they get £150K

What about Mcginn and Robertson? Obviously I’m not saying Cosgrove is going on to be as good as them but I feel his impact in Scotland isn’t much different to what those players did before heading down south. The fact he’s young and English will work in his favour too.

Edited by Rodhull