The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

A little surprised, although obviously not disappointed to see McInnes saying he's still looking to bring in one or two before the window is over.

Would be a pretty big squad if everyone got fit again and doesn't say a lot about his recruitment over the last 2 or 3 years that so many are needed even if there are a few injured.

5 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

A little surprised, although obviously not disappointed to see McInnes saying he's still looking to bring in one or two before the window is over.

Would be a pretty big squad if everyone got fit again and doesn't say a lot about his recruitment over the last 2 or 3 years that so many are needed even if there are a few injured.

Looking like couple will depart.  Prob loans 

Campbell would probably make sense. Especially once Bryson is back he'd be down the pecking order.

If Sunday is anything to go by fitting Ojo and Mcgeough together could be an issue and one of them may need to be on the bench.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Point of order - Dumbarton spent one season in the Premier League in 84/85 and were defeated 1-0 and 4-0 at Pittodrie.  I spent my only ever game in the wing stand for the first one and McDougall scored after a minute.

Leatherdale offers this on the Kilbowie game of 10 Dec 1985 att: 2,095

Clydebank’s first win in 11 games produces this incredible result. The crowd at Kilbowie Park cannot believe their eyes. Larnach heads in after Hughes’ mighty free-kick crashed off the bar. Dickson then stabs in McCabe’s drilled cross. The Bankies resist Aberdeen’s furious riposte.

Aye, that's true. 

I only used Dumbarton as an amalgam of quite a few dross performances against so called minnows under Alex Ferguson. 

The Kilbowie game is forever burned into my memory for some reason. Even stranger, because the last game of the season.....the Albert Kidd day at Dens....we went there and won 6-1.

As a footnote, because we all love a footnote, Clydebank only won something like 4 games that season.....one of them against us, and another at home to Hearts. Ultimately, that was as responsible for Hearts throwing away the league as that game against Dundee.

It's like, weird man. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

3 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Campbell would probably make sense. Especially once Bryson is back he'd be down the pecking order.

If Sunday is anything to go by fitting Ojo and Mcgeough together could be an issue and one of them may need to be on the bench.

For me Mcgeough got to play . Quality player and will get even better with more options and energy in front of him . No point Ojo there as well if you want to go and win games . . This has to change 

5 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:

For me Mcgeough got to play . Quality player and will get even better with more options and energy in front of him . No point Ojo there as well if you want to go and win games . . This has to change 

Yeah the team looked a lot better once Ferguson dropped deep and Hedges came on further forward. I don't see him dropping Ferguson so guessing it must be one of the other two and considering he just signed Mcgeough Ojo does seem the more likely.