The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

51 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Didn't help his cause that he was the first genuinely exciting player to come through for years. Probably since Maguire?

I'd say Ryan Fraser was the most exciting player we've had since Maguire. I personally never rated Cammy Smith. I think Scott Wright and McLennan are much more exciting but even they suffer from this inability to "translate" their talents onto the pitch regularly. 

I see we are apparently after Keshi Anderson according to an ITK poster on Aberdeen Mad. He has 17 appearances for Swindon in league 2 this season, scoring 6 goals  (he scored a hatrick on Dec 26th) and 4 assists. Must admit, I'm underwhelmed by this one if true. Also same guy suggesting we are looking at Ross Stewart or Boyce as a replacement for Cosgrove (if he's sold this window). I'd be happy with Boyce but not so sure about Ross Stewart.

2 minutes ago, Vancouver_Don said:

I'd say Ryan Fraser was the most exciting player we've had since Maguire. I personally never rated Cammy Smith. I think Scott Wright and McLennan are much more exciting but even they suffer from this inability to "translate" their talents onto the pitch regularly. 

I see we are apparently after Keshi Anderson according to an ITK poster on Aberdeen Mad. He has 17 appearances for Swindon in league 2 this season, scoring 6 goals  (he scored a hatrick on Dec 26th) and 4 assists. Must admit, I'm underwhelmed by this one if true. Also same guy suggesting we are looking at Ross Stewart or Boyce as a replacement for Cosgrove (if he's sold this window). I'd be happy with Boyce but not so sure about Ross Stewart.

Aye, Ryan Fraser was after Maguire. Forgot about him. Cammy Smith was fantastic at youth level and we had to fight off some decent teams to keep him here. 

I think Stewart is injured? Seems to be highly rated by a few folk in the media but he's about 6ft 5". Signing a player of that size is only going to lead to one thing.

5 minutes ago, CO2001 said:

Connor Barron looks VERY good in the U20's, hopefully the next to break through.

Have heard plenty good things about him. Have only really seen him in highlights but he's always looked good. Size is going to be an issue with the current manager though.

19 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Aye, Ryan Fraser was after Maguire. Forgot about him. Cammy Smith was fantastic at youth level and we had to fight off some decent teams to keep him here. 

I think Stewart is injured? Seems to be highly rated by a few folk in the media but he's about 6ft 5". Signing a player of that size is only going to lead to one thing.

I've read elsewhere others suggesting we should sign Lyndon Dykes from Livingston. He's scored 8 and has 4 assists in 16 league games. In all competitions he's played a total of 23 games this season, scoring 11 and has 6 assists. I know we enquired about him in the summer. I've always thought he was a good player when he's played against us.  

Edited by Vancouver_Don

50 minutes ago, Vancouver_Don said:

I've read elsewhere others suggesting we should sign Lyndon Dykes from Livingston. He's scored 8 and has 4 assists in 16 league games. In all competitions he's played a total of 23 games this season, scoring 11 and has 6 assists. I know we enquired about him in the summer. I've always thought he was a good player when he's played against us.  

Dykes couldn't be any worse than Main, surely. 

Boyce would be a cracking signing but there's no way we're paying his wages. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, CO2001 said:

Connor Barron looks VERY good in the U20's, hopefully the next to break through.

I'd LOVE to have a player in our team called the Red Barron.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Have heard plenty good things about him. Have only really seen him in highlights but he's always looked good. Size is going to be an issue with the current manager though.

I've seen a good few reserve/U18 matches of late but yeah he wouldn't look out of place in a u14's/15's match height/bulk wise but can change direction so fast & is nice and attacking :)

Probably the exact opposite player to Cambell actually!

36 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

We’ve offered Curtis Main to Saints

We are cheeky c***s at times 

Someone mentioned we were trying to offload Main earlier in the transfer window on loan. I think McInnes is fairly ruthless in this regard. If you aren't producing the goods, he has no qualms with moving you on. Hopefully we can loan Anderson out so he can gain some first team football. Might lead to Boyce joining us.

We’ve offered Curtis Main to Saints
We are cheeky c***s at times 

Aye and you were promptly told to bugger off. The bold Stevie May has 3 times the number of goals Main does this season. [emoji23]

1 hour ago, Widge said:

The bold Stevie May has 3 times the number of goals Main does this season. emoji23.png

Stevie  May 

League - 8/31/19 to now - 1014 mins - 2 goals

Spoiler

may.jpg.a5a1e1ea0e5f4fe5869afbd54b291b79.jpg

Curtis Main

League - 8/31/19 to now - 496 mins  - 1 goal

Spoiler

main.jpg.85b21517d8e78831b9425312da7e5e80.jpg

We should be charging you real money* and Kennedy for Main.

*vouchers

36 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Stevie  May 

League - 8/31/19 to now - 1014 mins - 2 goals

Reveal hidden contents

may.jpg.a5a1e1ea0e5f4fe5869afbd54b291b79.jpg

Curtis Main

League - 8/31/19 to now - 496 mins  - 1 goal

Reveal hidden contents

main.jpg.85b21517d8e78831b9425312da7e5e80.jpg

We should be charging you real money* and Kennedy for Main.

*vouchers

Can't argue with facts

Main>May