The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp

There's a danger that you'll end up with the Hampden problem, where some people insist on sitting because there are seats there, despite the fact that 95% of other fans are all standing up. 

It all leads to unnecessary argument.

If they want to introduce a standing area, take the seats away.  Or at least bring in this hybrid version that UEFA insist on. 

Nothing to do with 2019/20 but thought this was a great read, although only those of a certain vintage will have seen him play - https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/aberdeen/cult-hero-davie-robb-recalls-a-remarkable-career-1-3341404

Nothing to do with 2019/20 but thought this was a great read, although only those of a certain vintage will have seen him play - https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/aberdeen/cult-hero-davie-robb-recalls-a-remarkable-career-1-3341404

That’s brilliant.

There’s no many Dons players can lay claim to having pumped Olivia Newton-John.

3 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Same tackle that Callum hendry put in on Logan a few weeks ago and every Aberdeen fan said it was a definite red. This is exactly the same kind of reckless challenge that will never be overturned

Besides the fact that Hendry was late as f**k, from behind and didn’t come close to the ball? Aye, exact same tackle. Agree that it won’t be overturned though.

Besides the fact that Hendry was late as f**k, from behind and didn’t come close to the ball? Aye, exact same tackle. Agree that it won’t be overturned though.
Lots of similarities between the two challenges I feel. Both players well out of control and utterly stupid late challenges in this day and age.

7 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
15 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Lots of similarities between the two challenges I feel. Both players well out of control and utterly stupid late challenges in this day and age.

Cosgrove’s wasn’t a late challenge at all.

Cosgrove’s was technically a red card, but shouldn’t have been in the spirit of the game. It was both a brilliant tackle and reckless and off the ground. I don’t like that being a red card (because you’re judging it on *if* it goes wrong) but unfortunately it probably is these days.

Even 5/10 years back that is probably a yellow but there’s been a real zero-tolerance approach to jumping into tackles in the last few years from refs. That is, of course, unless your name is Scott Brown. c**t.

Cosgrove got the ball and barely caught Ajer, but you have to question why he giving the ref a chance by launching into a tackle in that way, in that position of the pitch.

Definitely need some cover for midfield in January. Even the defenders McInnes plays in midfield are dropping out.

Fucking hell. Constant defender of derek but Signing Bryson following on from gleeson and others is almost gross negligence from Him. How much of our budget has gone towards players we can’t even select?

The Craig Bryson signing is becoming a bit of a farce. A selection box of injuries, and pretty ineffectual whenever he’s managed to prop himself up on the park. He’s really got to show something in the second half of the season once he’s back to prove that he’s got any future here.

Let’s hope the January signings McInnes has in mind are longer term options like Rooney/Logan/McLean were and not the usual stop gaps (Greg Halford..!!)

16 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

The Craig Bryson signing is becoming a bit of a farce. A selection box of injuries, and pretty ineffectual whenever he’s managed to prop himself up on the park. He’s really got to show something in the second half of the season once he’s back to prove that he’s got any future here.

Let’s hope the January signings McInnes has in mind are longer term options like Rooney/Logan/McLean were and not the usual stop gaps (Greg Halford..!!)

I’d be expecting more of the stop-gap mould as Bryson will (likely) be one of our top earners so can’t see another expensive midfielder being brought in to cover. Hopefully proves me wrong though and gets a solid RB in.

I’d be expecting more of the stop-gap mould as Bryson will (likely) be one of our top earners so can’t see another expensive midfielder being brought in to cover. Hopefully proves me wrong though and gets a solid RB in.

I’d be very pleased if the Stephen O’Donnell rumours were true, even if it was just a PCA for the summer. I also had a dream where we swapped Sam Cosgrove for Leigh Griffiths which would be funny.