The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

7 hours ago, Illgresi said:

I've been in the city for an hour and i've already seen a zombie wearing a *** top, and a tim with a hat and scarf.
Aberdeen used to be hostile to these cretins. What's next; will they be opening up shops?

f**k sake lads...

Absolutely disgusting

What the feck is going on in my home city

Time to take back our city and run these bigoted b*****ds back down the A90

7 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

I see the tabloid scum are linking Cosgrove with a move to Stoke.

*Checks who we are playing on Wednesday*

It’s so horrendously predictable by this point it’s actually quite funny.

I don't think it's an attempt to unsettle our players, like some folk seem to. That would give the weegia too much credit and I don't think they're capable of forethought. 

It is just that the dribbling simpletons that write and buy these rags will only be interested in the Dons when we are the opponents, so that's when any made up shite about us appears. Nothing is easier to make up than a spurious "sources say" 

Guest Bob Mahelp

To be fair, the papers have had Cosgrove signing for XXXXXXXXX for the last 6 months now. 

On top of that, I doubt if we need 'unsettling' before Wednesday. I'll be amazed if Rangers don't thrash us. 

Guest Moomintroll
To be fair, the papers have had Cosgrove signing for XXXXXXXXX for the last 6 months now. 
On top of that, I doubt if we need 'unsettling' before Wednesday. I'll be amazed if Rangers don't thrash us. 
Cosgrove will undoubtedly plod back down South in January to his own personal, & Aberdeens enrichment. The trick then is to find the next hidden gem down there that will demonstrate the same rapid improvement, we as a club appear to have cornered the market in overaged defensive midfielders who should have been playing at a higher level.

Motivational Speaking 101

“Rangers are a better team than us, they have better players but we can win the game. It is important my players believe that when they go out there, that we can do so much well in the game that we can get close to what we want."

“Rangers are a better team than us, they have better players but we can win the game. It is important my players believe that when they go out there, that we can do so much well in the game that we can get close to what we want."

Technically he is correct however the biggest person lacking in belief is himself. A big shitebag when the OF come to town and rather than getting in amongst them, we sit back. Then the inevitable thumping comes.

If Accies and Livingston can attack the OF, we certainly can. But we won't.

Guest Bob Mahelp

If McInnes had more belief in the players and formation that we're comfortable with we'd be better off. 

Instead, he changes a comfortable, winning formation at McDairmid, then inexplicably fannies about with 3-4-2-1 at home to fecking St Mirren.  We were lucky to take 4 points out of these games because of that.

What will he come up with on Wednesday we wonder ? 

2 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

Yeah, that fucked me off too. 

4 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

Very disappointing statement.

If McInnes had more belief in the players and formation that we're comfortable with we'd be better off. 
Instead, he changes a comfortable, winning formation at McDairmid, then inexplicably fannies about with 3-4-2-1 at home to fecking St Mirren.  We were lucky to take 4 points out of these games because of that.
What will he come up with on Wednesday we wonder ? 

I suspect 3-4-2-1 is what we are going to see on Wednesday. Hence we spent yesterday looking very uncomfortable against St Mirren.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Good thread on it here as referenced in the article. Quick summary for if you understandably have better things to do than scroll through 25 tweets.

Wages were up 8% to £9.2m, third in the league ahead of Hearts at £8m, three times less than ‘The R*ngers’ on £34m and six times less than their ugly sister on £56m. Also, showing the challenges we have attracting players is that every Championship club in England has a higher overall wage bill than us.

Revenue was up 3% to £15.9m, a new club record.

Worth noting that although our loss widened, from £0.4m to £5m, this was almost exclusively down to a £4.3m impairment of Pittodrie (I.e. essentially a devaluation of Pittodrie as an asset on the books). Including this year, Pittodrie has been devalued by £7m since 2017. As has been touched on before, this wouldn’t be too much of an issue if we were staying at Pittodrie. If, however, we were attempting to finance a new stadium by selling Pittodrie...

Cormack has provided £11.2m of funding since June 2017. One of the podcasts I listened to the other day (HereWeGo - Aberdeen) said Milne had invested ~£8m into the club since 1995 (no idea how accurate this was, though I’m sure someone can correct me with the actual figure) so looks like a possible significant improvement in investment. Have to bear in mind though that a large degree of Cormacks investment will have been towards the new training ground. 

Fairly bland accounts to be honest this year.

The glaring hole is the funding for the new stadium. I still reckon the £11m valuation of Pittodrie is too high and will either come down further in the future or be sold for less. There is little to nothing in terms of plans to fund phase 2 of Kingsford. Makes me slightly uneasy that we're committed to such huge funding without so much as an outline of a plan for the fans, although I understand these things are generally kept relatively quiet.

Other than that there's nothing to be overly worried about other than some minor movements in gate receipts, sponsorship etc but these things happen.