The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Hard to know how to feel about all this.

Will be keeping a close eye on the detail of everything as it comes out over the week.

Milne won’t be remembered with any misty eyes but he’s given an awful lot to the club personally so he goes with my respect. His failings are well documented though and ultimately he’ll never be remembered as a success.

11 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Will be interesting to see how quickly changes are made. Milne has been McInnes' biggest supporter at the club and Americans don't f**k about when hiring and firing.

Glad to see Brown is being kept on as an ambassador. Skinner has been crucial in the evolution of the AFCCT so for him to continue in that role makes sense. 

Hopefully this is the start of us actually achieving something. 

You do realise that Dave Cormack isn’t American, don’t you?

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You do realise that Dave Cormack isn’t American, don’t you?

Obviously. It's pretty clear that he's not going to be the sole influence in the boardroom. The yanks won't be chucking money at us to have no say in our performance.

25 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Atlanta United could be disappointed when we reveal to them our knowledge of players across Europe.

Hahahahaha.

I took it to mean their investment is to improve the scouting etc. 

AMB Sports & Entertainment (the parent company of Atlanta United) is investing £2million into AFC as part of a new package of investment, led by Dave Cormack, totalling £5million. This will provide working capital for the Club’s day to day operations.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Hahahahaha.

I took it to mean their investment is to improve the scouting etc. 

AMB Sports & Entertainment (the parent company of Atlanta United) is investing £2million into AFC as part of a new package of investment, led by Dave Cormack, totalling £5million. This will provide working capital for the Club’s day to day operations.

It does sound like that.

All seems great in theory but I always remain sceptical about these things.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

It does sound like that.

All seems great in theory but I always remain sceptical about these things.

Yup. I don't doubt it's good that Milne is gone and can leave on a more positive note than was ever possible before but sometimes it is better the devil you know.

Will be interesting to see what happens both to Aberdeen and Hibs with Ron Gordon.  So far aside from the initial investment we’ve seen nothing on the playing side at Easter road.  Unless this guy just likes to buy teams starting with the letter A then perhaps we might see Aberdeen really crack on and be in the mix for titles soon.  Either that or it’s gonna be a Vlad with Hearts and Kaunas situation.

Actually can we have that?  Scottish football needs another bonkers chairman.

2 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Will be interesting to see what happens both to Aberdeen and Hibs with Ron Gordon.  So far aside from the initial investment we’ve seen nothing on the playing side at Easter road.  Unless this guy just likes to buy teams starting with the letter A then perhaps we might see Aberdeen really crack on and be in the mix for titles soon.  Either that or it’s gonna be a Vlad with Hearts and Kaunas situation.

Actually can we have that?  Scottish football needs another bonkers chairman.

Looks like we're taking a boring, sensible route.

On 23/11/2019 at 15:10, fatshaft said:

I was told 3 weeks ago this change was happening, which sounded like utter shite but has been spot on. Also in that same chat I was told Cormack is no fan of mcInnes and he is on the proverbial shoogly. He'll have to up his game or he'll be oot

...as my source said, Wiggy was given an ultimatum, hand over or the money was off (allegedly). Hardball from Cormack, looks awfully like the plan was there all along, but he let him get the Training Complex up and running to at least leave with something as a legacy. Very interesting times upcoming for the Westhill Wanderers 

He's an idiot then, McInnes is the best Aberdeen manager since aferguson, has done an absolutely outstanding job, and the chances that Aberdeen could find a better manager are virtually zero.

12 minutes ago, Placida Domingo said:

He's an idiot then, McInnes is the best Aberdeen manager since aferguson, has done an absolutely outstanding job, and the chances that Aberdeen could find a better manager are virtually zero.

Even as a supporter of Mcinnes I feel this is a dumb post. No offence.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Even as a supporter of Mcinnes I feel this is a dumb post. No offence.

None taken.  But I don't think anyone could seriously look at McInnes time in charge and disagree that it has been anything other than outstanding and a massive success.  And realistically the chances that Aberdeen could recruit a manager who could do better are vanishingly small.  

How could be do better?  Celtic have 6-7 times Aberdeens budget, Rangers have about five. Third is first for Aberdeen, that's winning the title. There's no chance Aberdeen or anybody will ever separate the old firm again, it's just not possible. Give my mum their budgets she finishes above Aberdeen.