The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2019/20

Also, easier for Aberdeen to attract corporate sponsorship as zero local competition from other professional teams and being a one club city means that there’s no risk of a corporate annoying clients who might support a rival local team. Instead, it’s seen as helping civic pride - see Abtrust, latterly Aberdeen Asset Management, effectively helping bail out the Dons in the 1990s as a sort of civic responsibility.

In my few (delightful) years living between Banchory and Aboyne and having met/dined with a fair few 'landed gentry' this is mostly true.  One anomaly is that the current scion of an old Deeside estate (no, not that kind of estate) of more than 20,000 acres are both Sellick fans.
I don't know why either.

Don’t tell me you took that name because you lived in Kinker?

Jesus we’d almost be neighbours - I’m just about coming to terms with the fact the bloke from the newly moved-in family just down the burn is a Sevconian season ticket holder and I’m under instructions to remain nice to him.

There's a number of different ways we are maximising our turnover compared to other similarly sized clubs. Most have been mentioned.

One main difference has been that we've tapped in to the North American market. However we've managed to do this without selling our club.

Looks like "the famous" have a worldwide fan base.  Driving in Tatabanya, Hungary earlier this week and I came across this.

IMG_20190715_193222_1.thumb.jpg.9fed5f885ba12130a6cc0bbb236e678e.jpg

I won't believe anyone who denies that this is the membership badge you get when you join the fan club. 😂

Edited by strichener