The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I'm SO glad you asked.
1. Logan
2. Lowe
3. McLean (cheating but his loan spell was probably his best form for us)
4. Christie (first time around)
5. Maddison
6. Ward
7. Church
8. Hector
9. Christie (second time)
10. Woodman
OK - Stewart (first time), Wilson, Hoban, Daniels, Ball, Tate. 
Poor/shite - Stewart (second time), Burns, McLaughlin, Parker, Nwakali, Collin, Monakana.
Think I've counted them all....

Can remember coming away from Somerset Park thinking Wes Burns was going to take the league by storm....he was excellent that night.

Can remember coming away from Somerset Park thinking Wes Burns was going to take the league by storm....he was excellent that night.

Scored with just about his first touch against some European diddies as well IIRC. He was absolutely rapid, but didn’t know how to use his pace at all.

6 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Your right  he had great game   it was all downhill after  that night . typical player from down there , all power and pace and a touch like en elephant .

Burns would take the ball out the staduim if he could ,  he  did not   belive in pitch markings 

Agree with most of that but I haven’t seen a better example of a player that’s legs have gone more than Allan Tate, he was terrible.  Didn’t he have an horror show away to county?

May well have done. So so so slow but he was a good organiser at the back and did a job.

I was at a Swansea game last season and they spent the whole match singing “We all dream of a team of Alan Tates” which made my day. That and the pies at Shef Wed.

2 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

May well have done. So so so slow but he was a good organiser at the back and did a job.

I was at a Swansea game last season and they spent the whole match singing “We all dream of a team of Alan Tates” which made my day. That and the pies at Shef Wed.

I believe the Jacks love Tate as much for his antics as his ability. 

soccer-swansea-flag-G9A3N4.thumb.jpg.d9b0620b33d5bdabaa62e8095038a6ef.jpg

Which is a good reason to love a player in my books. 

I'd love it if one of ours flew a FTOF banner. 

1 hour ago, Mackiemyday said:

Agree with most of that but I haven’t seen a better example of a player that’s legs have gone more than Allan Tate, he was terrible.  Didn’t he have an horror show away to county?

HArtley after he returned from injury and was thrown straight in to the first team.

Feels like we will be starting this season with a much more balanced squad and any further signings will be improving the team rather than filling gaps.

Hedges and Leigh are interesting signings, played a decent number of games and a good age to improve.

Any of McLennan/Wright/one of the Rosses make a step up, stay relatively injury free, and we should be in a pretty good place.

Spoiler

Alternatively, McKenna leaves and Taylor is the mainstay, Hedges and Leigh are shite, Cosgrove goes back to normal and scores 2 goals, Bryson has no legs and half the team are injured at any one time.

5 minutes ago, HunterAFC said:

Feels like we will be starting this season with a much more balanced squad and any further signings will be improving the team rather than filling gaps.

Hedges and Leigh are interesting signings, played a decent number of games and a good age to improve.

Any of McLennan/Wright/one of the Rosses make a step up, stay relatively injury free, and we should be in a pretty good place.

Hide contents

Alternatively, McKenna leaves and Taylor is the mainstay, Hedges and Leigh are shite, Cosgrove goes back to normal and scores 2 goals, Bryson has no legs and half the team are injured at any one time.

Would you not agree that McLennan has already 'stepped up'?

Just now, betting competition said:

I like this move from our Club as I feel Hoban is an excellent player that should be playing at a higher level than us. If he can sort out injury issues then would be a massive asset to us. 

He is an excellent player and can play centre back or defensive mid. I thought Watford were assisting in his rehab anyway though. An injury free hoban would be one of our best players and I'd be happy to see him back. 

Don't want to get ahead of ourselves on Hoban.

A fit Hoban would be outstanding for us but selfishly, he's yet to prove he's capable of staying fit. It might just not happen for the guy, as sad as that is.

Let him rehabilitate with us, look after him, let him train with us unattached, if he proves his fitness then let's talk.

1 hour ago, GTG_03 said:

He is an excellent player and can play centre back or defensive mid. I thought Watford were assisting in his rehab anyway though. An injury free hoban would be one of our best players and I'd be happy to see him back. 

Sadly the bit in bold is not something you have been able to say about the lad in his professional career.

He is a cracking player but unless he is able to play for 3 or 4 months injury free then do not think we should be offering him any sort of deal.

On 26/06/2019 at 11:52, Merkland Red said:

Would you not agree that McLennan has already 'stepped up'?

From youth to squad yeah, for him it's more kick on to be a must pick. He showed he can change a game (4-3 v livi?), just hope he can make that more regular and get his feet moving as quickly as his brain wants them to...

33 minutes ago, HunterAFC said:

From youth to squad yeah, for him it's more kick on to be a must pick. He showed he can change a game (4-3 v livi?), just hope he can make that more regular and get his feet moving as quickly as his brain wants them to...

Last season he gave us the best return in terms of assists and goals. It's his place to lose now.