The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

If anything happens regarding any transfers there’s no point in checking  Aberdeen Twitter, the Saints fans will keep us updated.

Na, nothing happening today on the signing front. Use this downtime to get rid of that awful fucking accent that you all have, as you were.

Ball is a decent destroyer, but really benefits from having a technical and creative player alongside him in midfield, otherwise his limitations are quickly exposed. It's no surprise that his best run of games coincided with McLean being absolutely excellent at the conclusion of 17/18.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Na, nothing happening today on the signing front. Use this downtime to get rid of that awful fucking accent that you all have, as you were.

Foo ye deein’, min?  Early days for Aberdeen though, as most signings happen around teatime. Keep your eyes open and let us know about any transfer activity.

FWIW I think Taylor is a perfectly acceptable back-up. I’ve got my doubt Devlin can make it through a season uninjured and combined with McKennas love of a card we’ll need someone to step in on occasion. Taylor is a good go-to in these situations, though he does come across as a lazy signing and I wouldn’t be happy if he is to be a McKenna replacement. On the positive side Taylor’s wife is now back in Aberdeen so that should be McInnes happy for a wee while.

As much as Cosgrove is a big unit, he isn’t much of a target man. I feel people look at him and just assume because of his stature that he is, but his strengths definitely lie more in being a poacher round about the box. We all know Del loves a target man so hopefully Main can be that option. I doubt he’s going to be first choice, rather an option we can bring on off the bench if we need to go full Brexit football.

I’d definitely bring back Dom Ball as well. He’s not the most popular, and I wouldn’t have him in the first choice XI, but he’s a more than solid back up at this level. As well as a top singer into the bargain :wub: